Finally - Vijay and Badri playing : What do you think of S Badrinath

And yes ... Badrinath is unlikely to stay in the squad much longer. It is his hard luck that he debuted against SA - an easier initiation may have allowed him to settle down but c'est la vie.
It is not just against SA. He obviously had a nightmare at the nets against "our bowlers" :hysterical: . I have never read any article mentioning our batsmen struggle against our bowlers.

Badri will probably be dropped. It would be fair to say luck didn't go his way regarding the circumstances he debuted in. 2 tests is way too small a sample to look at, but we should remember he is not the first choice replacement. He is 2nd in the pecking order after Vijay, who has looked more of international class. but next time we have 2 opening in top 6, Badri might get another look in.

2 tests against possibly one of the best bowling lineups' date=' c'mon that's not fair. Badri scored a 50 atleast in trying conditions. They should be given a couple of tests against the likes of BD and Pak[/quote'] well we need players who can do well against quality bowling. we all know that our domestic performers can play mediocre bowling.
2 tests against possibly one of the best bowling lineups' date=' c'mon that's not fair. Badri scored a 50 atleast in trying conditions. They should be given a couple of tests against the likes of BD and Pak[/quote'] But just about anyone will score against those sides. We've seen that Badri has limitations v. pace, bounce and swing and can get bogged down very easily against these bowlers. If he plays v. Sackable Hassan and Barney Rubbel Hossain or the charsi-led ***** attack, he'll make runs and then we'll pick him v. Australia or South Africa or England in a major series - and again find out the same thing.
But just about anyone will score against those sides. We've seen that Badri has limitations v. pace, bounce and swing and can get bogged down very easily against these bowlers. If he plays v. Sackable Hassan and Barney Rubbel Hossain or the charsi-led ***** attack, he'll make runs and then we'll pick him v. Australia or South Africa or England in a major series - and again find out the same thing.
This .... next in line Pujara. I dont want NoHit anywhere near the fakkin team. The Mumbai lobby needs to be defanged. What say you Salil :--D

I dont believe the number of people advocating discarding Badri! If it only has to do with the comprehensiveness of his dismissal just take a moment to think about how Yuvraj has managed to get himself out against spinners. Did he ever look like he had a clue as to what the ball was going to do? Yes, Badri looked woeful out there in this Test. But he withstood the same bowlers at Nagpur. Does that count for nothing then? Forget 2 whole Test matches. He has had just 2 innings. That is too little time to judge anything about anybody. Period.

I dont believe the number of people advocating discarding Badri! If it only has to do with the comprehensiveness of his dismissal just take a moment to think about how Yuvraj has managed to get himself out against spinners. Did he ever look like he had a clue as to what the ball was going to do? Yes, Badri looked woeful out there in this Test. But he withstood the same bowlers at Nagpur. Does that count for nothing then? Forget 2 whole Test matches. He has had just 2 innings. That is too little time to judge anything about anybody. Period.
Lets look past both of them, there are plenty of other batsman waiting for a chance
Lets look past both of them' date=' there are plenty of other batsman waiting for a chance[/quote'] Other than Raina and Pujara I dont see anybody fighting for that Test cap. Actually Venugopal Rao would have been a decent Test bat but instead he was tried out in ODI games unsuccessfully. Same applied to Ramesh Powar. He needed to be used in Tests not limited overs matches. But apart from all this - 2 innings are just not enough to judge batsmen.
Kohli will prove you wrong. Not that Raina or Pujara will prove you right just as Badrinath!
Chandan - no matter what you think, I dont require for these cricketers to prove poor old me right or wrong. :) And if you happen to believe that 2 innings are enough to judge a player by, then more power to you. I will just politely disagree and move on. For the record though, Kohli is a good player. However I rate the other two as having better temperaments.