Mohammad Asif in contention for Champions Trophy squad

one year out of cricket' date=' is this less punishment for him, now if he performs he will stay if not then, well am sure there are enough bowlers to take his spot[/quote'] IMO the punishment was not enough, but he is not responsible for that. Whatever punishment was given to him is coming to an end and hence he is fully entitled to play. PCB did not decide his punishment and neither did any Pakistani court, it was decided by a panel set up by IPL. Once its over, he will naturally come back.

It would be a huge risk to select him straight away, not playing cricket for a year who knows how fit and in form he will be, but his coming back surely strengthens Pakistan's new ball attack as Gul seems at loss on how to use the new ball effectively.

The last time I remember him playing.. He was no good ! :| Definitely has the potential of making a TORROO FORROO comeback, but I get this feeling, he'll be no bomb this time around ! :--D That is, if he's selected !

He has good records against us and Srilanka but now we have new guns who will destroy his career. I heard that Shoaib Akhtar is better now, he is warts free and want to play in the Srilankan Series, I hope Younus Khan doesn't contract the warts from him. You know what these guys do? :winky:

Pakistan will not hesitate to select serial killers even, if it means they think they stand a better chance of winning. How else do you explain them selecting a bona fide Mercenary like Yousuf, who repeatedly snubbed and ditched his national team to play for rebel leagues? Guys like Shoaib and Asif are obvious drug cheats. Yet, they shielded them, gave them symbolic namesake bans, only to reinstate them again. What a sham!