Is India V Australia test match cricket the best best exhibition of cricket ?

Over the years, I've come to believe so. South Africa is very competetive but extremely boring to watch - and have never held their own against Australia barring the recent win in Oz. India vs Australia, I find farr more exciting than Indo- Pak contests as well. Be it the Mcwarne era or current era, I feel the competiveness in Ind-Aus test matches is the ultimate exhibition of cricket. Moreover its been evenly contested. Can't wait for the next India- Aus series.

Yes, for past few years, it has been like that. During the Mc-Warne era, SA were no match to OZ. After they left, SA and OZ are on the same level but now the contest lacks any decent spinners. So that takes a bit out of the beauty of test cricket when the best spinner on display is Michael Clarke.

Yes, for past few years, it has been like that. During the Mc-Warne era, SA were no match to OZ. After they left, SA and OZ are on the same level but now the contest lacks any decent spinners. So that takes a bit out of the beauty of test cricket when the best spinner on display is Michael Clarke.
:haha::haha: And also Simon Catch-it!

For me it's the India/Australia tests and the Ashes. India/South Africa and Aus/RSA games lack that same spark. But in the Aus v. Eng or India series, the players on both sides just seem to give so much more - players like Flintoff, Gilchrist, Jones, Botham, etc put in these career highlight performances in the Ashes, literally seeming to save the best for a series that carries the most tradition and history of any major sports rivalry, and it's quite similar in India/Aus games these days given that it's usually a contest between two very, very high quality teams and intense rivals with some of the most stylish and exciting players on both sides.

Hmmm by the same token the longer you leave it the more experience these newbies will get at Test level lets look down the Aussie lineup and no. of Tests Katich 39 Hughes 4 Ponting 132 Hussey 38 Clarke 48 North 3 Haddin 16 Johnson 22 Hauritz 5 Siddle 8 Hilfenhaus 4 That bowling attack lacks experience, India should put them to the sword in a Test match.