Live-in Relationships in Bangalore and Bombay and now in Chennai

fineleg

:finger: Flamy be my guest when I am in chennai... My friend is in a live in relationship with a punjabi girl. He is a Tamil Brahmin. The irony is that my friend's conservative parents have actually accepted his choice..People have changed a lot..hmmm. Its a welcome change as people have actually started disregarding the caste system in our country when they look for a life partner, atleast the youger lot...
yep, welcome change :two_thumbs_up:

Live in sucks. It allows a girl friend to behave like a wife. My friend had a nice time with his GF till they occasionally spent the night together. Then she moved in and the trouble started.
But that's a good thing right? You would know what kinda wife she'd make and can make the right choice :nice:

:finger: Flamy be my guest when I am in chennai... My friend is in a live in relationship with a punjabi girl. He is a Tamil Brahmin. The irony is that my friend's conservative parents have actually accepted his choice..People have changed a lot..hmmm. Its a welcome change as people have actually started disregarding the caste system in our country when they look for a life partner, atleast the youger lot...
:icflove::icflove: Will you take me to Kishkinda? :woot:

But that's a good thing right? You would know what kinda wife she'd make and can make the right choice :nice:
I have mixed feelings about it man. I don't think it is as simple as that. Plus we would never know. US has so many couples livin in, and the rate of divorce is 50% for first time marriages, 75% for second time marriages. :((

I have mixed feelings about it man. I don't think it is as simple as that. Plus we would never know. US has so many couples livin in, and the rate of divorce is 50% for first time marriages, 75% for second time marriages. :((
Which is why people must give up the concept of fidelity and have open relationships :idea:

I knew a couple who spent nine years in live in, happily. Then they got married and got divorced in the next two years. So, is live in underrated or marriage over rated?:hmmmm:
I think once the marriage is official, it gets much too "real" :D pk :((

Wasnt there some law passed in India that if you have live in relationship for a certain time, you'll be officially declared as married ? :hehe:

I would guess those stats would differ if you apply them just to desis. Desis have a hard time letting someone go. (most times)

Wasnt there some law passed in India that if you have live in relationship for a certain time, you'll be officially declared as married ? :hehe: I would guess those stats would differ if you apply them just to desis. Desis have a hard time letting someone go. (most times)
No, it was suggested that the living in girl friend would get the rights of a wife for as long as the couple live in. Not sure if it became a law or not.