Live-in Relationships in Bangalore and Bombay and now in Chennai

fineleg

why the hell would anyone ever wanna "live in" with a chick? other than easy access to booty call but c'mmon that you can do by picking up the damn ph or emailing? do you really wanna see their moaning and bicchhing all damn day, waking up with no make up and hair all undone wearing pjs, farting and pooping, gossiping with their gfs on the ph....every damn day?

I think the downside of marriage following a live in is that live it kills the romance and the only thing marriage brings is the feeling of confinement- the sudden loss of freedom. One of the reasons marriage is exciting is that you get the thrill of living together, planning a life, getting accustomed to each others everyday ways of life, getting more physical more freely and more frequently. And when you come across something negative, you are more ready to adapt or compromise because you have already gained a lot out of the marriage. Live in exhausts all that thrill and romance before marriage and marriage psychologically looks like a bondage. And then, when you bump into some unexpected negative, the first thought is "OMG, is that what I got out of this marriage?". The chances of a compromise are less. The unknown factor in a marriage allows us the thrill of a marriage or a new relationship. When you marry with hardly anything new and positive to explore in each other, you are calling for a disaster.
excellent post. sent u some flamy time coupons. :two_thumbs_up:

I think the downside of marriage following a live in is that live it kills the romance and the only thing marriage brings is the feeling of confinement- the sudden loss of freedom. One of the reasons marriage is exciting is that you get the thrill of living together, planning a life, getting accustomed to each others everyday ways of life, getting more physical more freely and more frequently. And when you come across something negative, you are more ready to adapt or compromise because you have already gained a lot out of the marriage. Live in exhausts all that thrill and romance before marriage and marriage psychologically looks like a bondage. And then, when you bump into some unexpected negative, the first thought is "OMG, is that what I got out of this marriage?". The chances of a compromise are less. The unknown factor in a marriage allows us the thrill of a marriage or a new relationship. When you marry with hardly anything new and positive to explore in each other, you are calling for a disaster.
saala Desi Dr. Phil :--D

lol long term according to me is anything over 1 year :giggle:
What? Over 1 year is long term for you :cantstop: Nice definition :D
why the hell would anyone ever wanna "live in" with a chick?
Eh? So according to you - people should not be in long term relationships at all (married or live-in)? :dontknow:

6 years is a lifetime in desi cartman lingo :P
It depends on the age finey (18-24 vs 30-36 is a little different). What I meant was that 1 year is enough to know if someone can never be your partner. I dont have any problem if people want to be in a live in relationship all their lives but if they say that they dont know the person well enough after 1,2 or 3 years then there is something wrong.

It depends on the age finey (18-24 vs 30-36 is a little different). What I meant was that 1 year is enough to know if someone can never be your partner. I dont have any problem if people want to be in a live in relationship all their lives but if they say that they dont know the person well enough after 1,2 or 3 years then there is something wrong.
I agree. 1 year is more than enough. BTW, do you guys think that if the alimony laws were a little easier, more of these live ins would be marriages in stead? do people fear a marriage because of the consequences if it does not work out? Alimony has become a business for many, has it not? It's more like ransom- I have hijacked your life and you must pay if you want it back- call it alimony or ransom, its the same thing......only difference is that alimony is legal.

No' date=' it was suggested that the living in girl friend would get the rights of a wife for as long as the couple live in. Not sure if it became a law or not.[/quote'] Only if they have been living as man and woman for a considerable period of time .

I agree. 1 year is more than enough. BTW, do you guys think that if the alimony laws were a little easier, more of these live ins would be marriages in stead? do people fear a marriage because of the consequences if it does not work out? Alimony has become a business for many, has it not? It's more like ransom- I have hijacked your life and you must pay if you want it back- call it alimony or ransom, its the same thing......only difference is that alimony is legal.
Pre-nuptials.

Live in realtionship before arranged marriage.....?It will be one circus with the saasuma ' date='mausi,bua chachi and the rest being part of it.:hysterical:[/quote'] umm zorashtrians or someones? doesn't the girl live in the guys house for a few days o decide if they will be able to adjust?

I was speaking to my Mom a few months back and she was mentioning that several people in Bangalore and Chennai do this live-in relationship now. (Several is a relative term of course, several when compared to almost negligible some years back probably). Yesterday, I was talking to my cousin in Bombay and she said this is very prevalent in Bombay too. I am supportive of this, if that works for some people, and maybe it also helps them realize if they want to stay commited and convert into marriage, or it wont work for them. Needless to say my Mom is conservative and worries abt "What India is coming to?" I chuckle of course and get her nervous :laugh: Is it true that live-in relationships are on the rise in many parts of India including the so called "conservative South India"? Other thoughts? Are live-in relationships something that "wreck the fabric of our Indian society" as some conservatives would have us believe?
Live in is prevalent in most big indian cities.......mumbai pune delhi have max.....bt hyd bangalore and kolkata also have fare share......most of the couples are those in which both the partners are earning......
I completely agree with sunnyji_2k. It is not only in Bangalore, Mumbai or Chennai but live in relationship is there is in most big Indian cities. I know many places in Delhi where there are high percentages of live-in partners. And it is also right that most live-in partners are those who earn a lot of money but hardly have any time. It is quite simple actually why this trend is increasing. The main reason is becuase most educated modern Indian youths in big Indian cities are employed high earning fields such as IT, tech, real estate etc. and they earn loads of money. But the fact is that as we all know, we hardly get much free time to enjoy, date or have s*x. And the situation is same for both youngs boys and girls. So, they decide to live-in as it saves their time and they can also experience and know their partner properly. Many of the live-in partners just do it for fun so that they can enjoy living a free life. They are mostly both employed in MNCs etc. so that both partners have their own financial independence although living in together. I have never personally involved in a live-in relationship but I dont think there is anything wrong with that. They know about everything better and so they indulge mostly in safe s*x which is good. I have a lot of friends in live-in relationship and they remain for as long as 3-4 years in many cases. Even celebrity live-in relationships like John-Bipasha has been consistent for more than 6 years and it has been highly successfull. There is a gradually increasing level of acceptance for live-in relationships in most Indian cities and I am sure with development the acceptance would increase. In most cities the developed areas have a higher level of acceptance as compared to the backward areas of the city. One other good thing is that live-in partners hardly have more than one or two kids. I really want that India should make a law where only two children are allowed. I want this unwarranted increase in India's population to stop. Otherwise this population explosion will create a big problem in the future.