Why is Rauf still in the elite panel?

Stuart Clark's catch out was a horrifying decision! bat was NOWHERE near the ball!
Neither can the sound of pad can ever be mistaken for the sound of bat. He was napping when the appeal woke him up. He decided that given that the batsmen is no9 and that England are bowling so well, its more likely out than not out.
Guest Hiten.

Sahiba better than Rauf ? You got to be kidding me mate. Indian Umpiring standards are pathetic and rightly so no Indian has been inducted in elite panel after Venkat

Sahiba better than Rauf ? You got to be kidding me mate. Indian Umpiring standards are pathetic and rightly so no Indian has been inducted in elite panel after Venkat
Totallly Disagree. All umpires are crap. Some make more mistakes than others. Saheba is no different. He should be in the panel. Look at the ICC panel. It has Shoka Desilva, Billy the Clown etc..

I agree ALL UMPIRES are F'ED UP ! I have been calling for over hauling of the Umpiring System for more than 5 bloody years now. Rauf is probably one who makes less mistakes but on his day as he showed today -- can be quite a character. Good thing about Rauf is he is not prejudiced against any particular nation(atleast he has not shown that tendency so far) unlike some other dick heads we have had in the past. Again if we have a moron like Asoka De Silva in the panel -- that just about sums up the quality of umpires.

Every umpire makes mistakes. Darr & Rauf are the top 2 umpires in elite panel followed by Taufell.
I DONT THINK SO! rudi is still a fine umpire(despite his howlers in the Ashes) n Billy Doctrove is also good,certainly better than Rauf