Ponting doesn't learn from his mistakes

Someone with a cricket brain perhaps?:haha: The fact he is always getting done for slow over rates is not a delibertae ploy poor thing. Its just simply his brain takes a while to decide what he is doing' date= a real reflection of his ineptidue as captain
:haha::haha: Precisely, but do they have any left, apparently not. Good dig btw :--D

Michael Clarke cant do worse than Ricky.Ricky goes on the defensive too early n make stupid mistakes.how can persist with a captain who is worried about his possible n denies his chance of victory? with time Micheal can prove to be a good captain n i suppose the expectations will die

I would even go with North. He seems a sensible chap. They have to move away from brain dead ponting, as all he is good for as skipper is chest beating patriotism. I am afraid you need something more then someone who is 110% committed to team cause and who is willing to die for his beloved baggy green cap. You need someone with a cricket brain, who has good tactics and can think on his feet. Ponting just does not have a cricket brain. They should have won these ashes and did not do so due to his brain dead moves. From cardiff bowling part timers in last overs, to Oval not playing a spinner. The list of balls ups are massive. I am shocked the aussies have gone so soft to retain him

If an englsih or indian skipper had lost 3 out of last 4 series he would be out faster then you can say " we lost the ashes again". Aussies have gone soft I tell you, from banning sledging and aussies saying how gracious ponting was in defeat:hysterical: They still seem to suffering from the humiliation Bhaji gave them. Not only did Bhaji make symonds an alcholic, he led aussie cricket to question their integity and how they play cricket which led to the losing of the ashes. Aussies have gone soft and I feel bhaji has significantly contributed to it:wink3:

Here is Ponting's explanation of their poor showin: Despite the pain there is promise By Ricky Ponting August 26, 2009 It has been two days since we lost the last Test and the Ashes and the pain of that defeat continues to linger. But as disappointing as the result was at The Oval, I couldn't be more excited about the future. While we had bad sessions at Lord's and The Oval which cost us both games, we completely dominated England at Cardiff and Leeds, showing there was little between the teams. Coming off the back of our strong series victory in South Africa earlier in the year, I believe we're on the right track and our younger players can only get better with experience. Our fast-bowling attack of Peter Siddle, Mitchell Johnson and Ben Hilfenhaus will all be very good international players. Despite the inconsistency of inexperience, they finished as the three leading wicket-takers in the series, which is a terrific effort given how little Test cricket they have played between them. And after a frustrating few years battling injuries, Shane Watson has looked every bit an international player. He was completely at home opening the batting and performed consistently under pressure. I don't think Watto's cricket or his body have ever been in better shape. He is the all-rounder we need to add balance to our side. His bowling is also coming along well after having to remodel his action a little following the back stress fractures he sustained on the tour of India late last year. I can eventually see Watto moving into our middle order to play a true all-rounder's role because I believe that Phil Hughes has a lot to offer at the top of the order. Despite being dropped after two Tests in this series, he has a very bright future as an international opening batsman. Phil has great natural talent and ability. You don't make 10 first-class centuries at the age of 20 and average better than 60 if you haven't got something special. And not every team in the world has bowlers as tall and strong as Steve Harmison and Andrew Flintoff who can continually bang the ball into the pitch and make your life uncomfortable. Phil has work to do on his game, but I've got no doubt he can come back a better player - as many of us have when we've been dropped - and make a very significant contribution to the future of Australian cricket. That is why I can see Watto playing a different role in the future. But he has proved to us all and, most of all, himself, that he can now be a success batting anywhere in the order from one to six. Our seesawing between good and bad in this series was due to inexperience. We have lost a number of great players over the past couple of years and we can't expect the next generation to step straight in. But they will be better players for their exposure in a tough series like this. They will learn to do things differently under pressure. We know we are picking the best players and our performances in South Africa earlier highlights that. But it also highlighted our inconsistency, playing two good Tests and one poor one. I'm grateful for the public support of Cricket Australia through chief executive James Sutherland. We're all in this together, working through a difficult transition period. It's going to be a roller-coaster ride for a while. We can't mask our disappointment, but a lot of the indicators were that we were good enough. At the beginning of the series I thought we would win and said as much, but we fell at the last hurdle. We've got a really good group. I'm confident we're in for a good one-day series coming up and a good summer against the West Indies and Pakistan. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Remember something similar he said last year after losing to India? .

As usual the cr@p from Ponting. The man has no (captaincy) brain. MC cannot do worse than Ponting. How many years will he need to wait before he gets enough experience to lead team? He is 28 now for God's sake. But, I guess it better for all other teams to have Ponting as a captain who is selfish to the core and looks after his own interest ahead of the team's. I say keep him playing until he is too old to hold a bat in his hands. Perhaps, keep him even than as a non-playing captain. :0)

At Nagpur he ****ed up big time. One-down against India, Australia took six wickets in a session and had the opportunity to claw back into the game and push for a dramatic comeback - and Ponting instead bowled trundlers who at best were steady and at worst were serving up very hittable shite for Dhoni and Harbhajan to get stuck into, all because of the threat of a suspension over a really pathetic over-rate. Less than a year later it's clear he's learnt nothing from that and the slamming he got in the media. An urgent need for wickets to claw back into the test and keep hold of the Ashes, and he's chosen to go the defensive route, refusing to bowl Johnson for more than an over despite him being the most dangerous bowler yesterday by FAR, choosing not to bowl Hilfenhaus much - his best bowler this series - and instead letting Clark trundle gently down one end, and North and Clarke rush through overs for the better part of the session. No surprise, Australia has been well behind the over rate. Selfish, negative captaincy has taken away whatever chance Australia had of making a match of this. The difference between the captains couldn't be greater right now - one is hungry and pushing for a win with a captain playing out of his skin and out-thinking Australia with shrewd tactics, the other playing to save his own ass.
Like dhoni did in Nagpur test against Ponting after a great start by openers, dhoni just hypnotized australia by his tactics. These kind of tactics were used by Aus, England, and New Zealand against aggressive indian batsman like sehwag, tendulkar, laxman before, but first time i saw an indian captain gave the bowlers a confidence to bowl like that and he got success

Ponting open to Clarke handling ODI, Twenty20 captaincy Australian captain Ricky Ponting is open to the idea of handing deputy Michael Clarke the leadership responsibilities for the Twenty20 and one-day teams, and preserving himself for Test cricket. Clarke, 28, has already captained Australia in 11 limited overs and two Twenty20 internationals while Ponting has been rested or injured. He was installed as Test vice-captain after the retirement of Adam Gilchrist, and led all Australian batsmen with 448 runs at 64.00 during the 2009 Ashes series. Ponting assumed the one-day leadership in 2002 while Steve Waugh was still at the helm of the Test side. The pair shared the captaincy until Waugh's retirement from Test cricket in 2004. Ponting has been the first-choice captain of Australia's Test, ODI and Twenty20 sides ever since. "If that's the way that I or others outside of what I'm thinking decide (is) the right way to go, there's absolutely no reason why that couldn't happen," Ponting said of splitting the captaincy with Clarke. "It has happened in the past with Australian teams. It is happening with other teams around the world right at the moment. "Paul Collingwood is captain of the England Twenty20 team and Andrew Strauss is captain of the one-day and Test cricket teams. Those things are things that need to be thought long and hard about, but if it means that I'm going to be better off for Test matches and bigger series when they come around..." Ponting returned to Sydney on Wednesday after becoming the first Australian captain since Billy Murdoch to twice surrender the Ashes in England. The defeat at Lord's ensured Australia the added ignominy of slipping to fourth place on the ICC Test rankings, having lost three of their past five series. Australia's transitional issues have led to calls from certain sections of the local media for Ponting's axing as captain, however he has reaffirmed his desire to play on until the 2013 Ashes series. "Having a pretty bitter and sour taste in my mouth at the end of that Test match, I'd love to be able to go back and give it one more crack," he said. "I've got to worry about the next 12 or 18 months and see if all that hunger or commitment is still there. It's probably higher right now than ever before. Who knows, 2013 might be something achievable." "I still think I've got a lot to offer the team, as a batsman and as a captain and as a leader. If it ends up getting to the point where I'm not the captain, my hunger and determination to keep playing this game are as good as ever. "If that's with a 'c' next to my name, all well and good. If it's not, I still think I have a lot to offer, particularly a lot of younger guys who are around our set-up at the moment." Australia's returning cricketers have expressed their ongoing support for Ponting, with Stuart Clark describing calls for his sacking as "ludicrous". "He's the best man to captain," Clark said after arriving at Sydney airport. "I think it's ludicrous that anyone would say any other [person should captain Australia]. That's the way it is." Simon Katich was similarly defensive of Ponting. "There were eleven of us out there that had the opportunity to win the Ashes and you can't just blame it on one person," Katich said. "We had our chances through the whole five tests." http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/422263.html Smart move to pull out yourself before someone does it for you :two_thumbs_up:

I don't think that's a good idea Punter. I think you should play every Test, ODI, 20/20, 4 day, 3 day warmup, Domestic cricket, as well as Indian Premier League and Karnataka Premier League. Remember that you only have a couple of years left and reaching Tendulkar's record isn't realistic. Take what you have right now and live life to the fullest!