Was Agarkar more tailunted than Akram?

Agarkar better than Akram' date=' joke of 2010. Agarkar is the most crappiest bowler ever, he leaks way too much runs, gets a few good games and now you are comparing him to the deadlest left handed swing bowler the world has witnessed. Doesn't Gilly and Sachin rate hiim as the most difficult bowler to face, if you look at statsz Bhaji is a worse bowler than Bangladesh's Razzak. Do you think Ashraful is a better batsman than Sachin? LOL, dude Agarkar can't be compared to Wasim just like Sachin can't be compared to Ian Bell.[/quote'] Ok. Now go through the thread and tell me where exactly did you miss the point ? I can help :--D
If they think he is talented than Akram and available why are u guys not playing him! BCCI: bewakoof cricket control in India!!:haha:
We only said He is more talented than Akram. Not he is more talented than other Indian bowlers :--D
Classic Thread. :cantstop:

We can now claim with reasonable assurance that Agarkar is India's fast bowler. I saw one particular over his in which he bowled 4 consecutive in the range of 140 kph. And if you keep in mind that Ishant hardly crossed 135 kph in the semis and the so-called next big hope of Indian fast bowling Mithun had a top-speed of 136, then it really puts Agarkar's feat into context. He still bowls the odd erratic ball, but he almost ALWAYS looked threatening in the final.

Agarkar is not better than Wasim Akram..but he was definitely a good bowler in his hey days..he was quick,he was sharp...had a good bouncer,yorker and slower one...yes he was expensive but he was a wicket-taking bowler...it's very unfortunate that he played little test cricket for India..he was yet another Mumbai victim of the selection commitee(mostly non-mumbaikars/maharashtrians) of BCCI who were and still are jealous of Mumbai's success and contribution in Indian cricket.

I was shocked to see the title of this thread. Well and truly. It is not that I dont think Agarkar is talented. He is blessed with enormous talent. And yes, he is probably India's best natural fielder - by far. He can also throw left handed if that is something people had not noticed - at least within the circle. About his potential not converting to actual results, I do think he would have benefited from a dedicated bowling coach. But that is a maybe. Ultimately I dont think Agarkar had talent that could be coached. He was a maverick, a real genius. Believe me I have seen this guy in person. Barely 5 foot 6 inches tall, whip thin with absolutely no muscles to speak of - at least none that were in evidence over the cricket whites. And he can easily touch the 140 kmph mark. He does that without running in for over half a kilometre or sprinting in to the wicket, or even take a very big jump. Just pure, natural transfer of momentum from shoulder to wrist to ball. That cant be taught. It was just one of those things. If he had succeeded in marrying control to his talent, he could have gone a long way. It is a tribute to his talent that even with this talented pool of youngsters he has made people ask in some quarters about his own utility to the national team now! That apart I dont think there is any comparison between Agarkar and Akram. Bowling wise, Akram was far more multidimensional than Agarkar. He could swing the ball either way with impunity from both sides of the wicket no matter which hand the batsmen held the bat in! That is awe inspiring genius. Agarkar on the other hand has always been able to swing the ball away from the right hander but to get the same to happen to a left hander has often had to rely on seam movement and cutters. His arm action is so round that he really has no other option than to cut the ball and hope the seam lands right. Batting wise, Agarkar had a very limited backlift. He brought it down from somewhere between point and 3rd man and was every bit a living, sitting duck for a full in-dipper. Akram was definitely better and far and away more powerful with his batting. Fielding is the one area where Agarkar truly has the wood on Akram. As a complete cricketer Akram will anyday be preferred over Agarkar by anybody - including Indians, in my opinion. Lastly it never fails to surprise me about statistics. The numbers seem to point to Agarkar than Akram. Just goes to show that anything can be proven or disproven with statistics provided you have the time and the bent of mind :). No offense meant. After all statistics decided that Ponting was the best cricketer of the decade! ________ Buy bubblers