Stoning of Ganesh idols in Miraj

seedhi

I wonder why this wasnt covered or shown in the news channels which are otherwise eager to show all sorts of videos (example Varun Gandhi's speech) at the drop of a hat. This took place during the recent tensions in Miraj, Maharashtra. Some Muslims stoning Ganesh idols in Miraj (watch till the end) nsX6LYdNBNw The broken idols shown at the end of this video iLgkd_n0l-8 The differing media reactions on the Varun Gandhi speech and these incidents frankly shows what a puppet the news media have become at the hands of a particular political party.

I am sick of these religious conflicts. Better not covered' date=' because these idiots get encouraged with coverage.[/quote']Ok so riots in Orissa can be covered 24 hrs a day. But riots in Miraj is blacked out, why may I ask? When provocative speeches by Varun Gandhi can be shown 24 hrs a day, then why is this video blocked? I can guarantee you that had this been Hindus raining stones on a mosque in Gujarat - it would have shown all day on all channels.

No big deal. Hindus shouldn't even be affected. Its kinda like Ganesh idols being deposited in the sea just a few weeks back
I am just amazed! So idols of Ganesh are stoned, the pandals are vandalized and Hindus shouldnt even be affected. I have to say this is amongst the most idiotic remarks I have read in recent times. Nonetheless, the post is about the double standards of the media which completely blacked out the coverage of videos like these.

Ok so riots in Orissa can be covered 24 hrs a day. But riots in Miraj is blacked out, why may I ask? When provocative speeches by Varun Gandhi can be shown 24 hrs a day, then why is this video blocked? I can guarantee you that had this been Hindus raining stones on a mosque in Gujarat - it would have shown all day on all channels.
I am just amazed! So idols of Ganesh are stoned, the pandals are vandalized and Hindus shouldnt even be affected. I have to say this is amongst the most idiotic remarks I have read in recent times. Nonetheless, the post is about the double standards of the media which completely blacked out the coverage of videos like these.
You are getting worked up for no reason mate. Every now and then a bunch of idiots do something idiotic and shameful. Idiots have no religion. They are best ignored.

You are getting worked up for no reason mate. Every now and then a bunch of idiots do something idiotic and shameful. Idiots have no religion. They are best ignored.
Did the media ignore Gujarat riots, did they ignore 26/11, did they ignore Orissa riots. Maybe you can make the argument that loss of lives was involved in the above cases. But we all remember the frenzy over pub attacks, the Church desecration issue in Mangalore, the Varun Gandhi episode. Then why this deafening silence on riots which are initiated by the minority community? It reeks of double standards.

I thought idols are there to help people focus their mind while praying. Therefore the idol itself shouldn't really mean much. It was childish actions from Muslims, but I haven't come to expect anything else. The same people who would be ready to blow up a country over some cartoons.

No big deal. Hindus shouldn't even be affected. Its kinda like Ganesh idols being deposited in the sea just a few weeks back
I don't get it, why are you trying to downplay that act? Its the intent that matters. Its a despicable act and makes my blood boil. :mad:

haha this can ONLY happen in India! can hindu groups do this in pakistan? or bangladesh? they will be machine gunned right on the spot LONG LIVE CONGRESS....long live secular sympathizers!! These cockroaches should be burned alive....they have the audacity to do this in Maharashtra !

I thought idols are there to help people focus their mind while praying. Therefore the idol itself shouldn't really mean much. It was childish actions from Muslims' date=' but I haven't come to expect anything else. The same people who would be ready to blow up a country over some cartoons.[/quote'] Aren't these same people your "muslim brothers" ???? fellow Indian citizens??? let's not forget...these same people helped people from across the border mow down 180 ppl last year...these ppl showed the padosis where every landmark was located...these same people helped those bastards find the jewish house, the railway station, the hospital...probably scouted for them, gave them shelters... these same people are living, breathing in India and hate India and the majority! This is a prime example of that Wasn't this riot based on the fact that the arch showed Shivaji slaying the muslim ruler?? Why should this incite muslims so much??? What kind of education/history are they being taught at madrassas? Why do they hate Hindu festivals? Why do they hate Hindus so much?

Aren't these same people your "muslim brothers" ???? fellow Indian citizens??? let's not forget...these same people helped people from across the border mow down 180 ppl last year...these ppl showed the padosis where every landmark was located...these same people helped those bastards find the jewish house, the railway station, the hospital...probably scouted for them, gave them shelters... these same people are living, breathing in India and hate India and the majority! This is a prime example of that Wasn't this riot based on the fact that the arch showed Shivaji slaying the muslim ruler?? Why should this incite muslims so much??? What kind of education/history are they being taught at madrassas? Why do they hate Hindu festivals? Why do they hate Hindus so much?
why r y generalising?there r idiotic in extremists in every religion

sad and to thnk this all happened all because of one cutout .and that too there wasnt any thing wrong with the cutout .It was just a illustration of shivaji slaying afzal khan and some muslims took objection dunno for what? After all he was areshole of what i can remember Apparently there is a tomb of afzal khan in that area and tension has been simmering for some time now.

lol so a bunch of morons do something stupid and its somehow same as the whole community helping terrorists. BTW Im glad the police didnt arrive late. More or less they had the situation under control quickly. As for Varun Gandhi, he made a hate speech and I frankly dont know if this kaand was organized or based on a hate speech or it just happened. PS: I dont know how much coverage it got but it should have been shown in the news .. but after CNN IBM sold tapes of Congress buying MPs I dont expect any honesty from Indian media anyway.