Dont we have any bowlers???

zubinpepsi

Dont think so man. Our bowling has sucked for a very long time' date= and this pain gets aggravated when Zak is out.
Always did. But lately, we have bowled well on more occasions than not. We first shoud give Prasad that credit. It's the beginning of a new season, a few hiccups are normal. But yeah, get rid of Nehra. His legendary panic is contagious.
same mediocre performance, day after day..... Fire Venkatesh Prasad..... we need a good bowling coach...and where are all the potential bowlers?? RP singh-- mediocre at best, shines 1 out every 20 matches IS-- after the Australian tour, he has gone down hill.... not sure if its lack of discipline or bad coaching? IP - Used to be a good talent and now lost in oblivion PK-- swings the ball both ways...however very inconsistent performer Sree-- one bowler I would like to see back in the team...plays with passion ZK--- injured most of the time Nehra --- shined initially and now slowly coming back to old form Sir Aggy -- needs to be brought back....his sheer field presence will scare the Pommies
+1

How will firing Prasad strengthen our bowling arsenal ? He can only do much by correcting their errs (i.e. conceding wides/overstepping/change of action) but at the end of the day the onus is on our bowlers to perform well. Whatever happened to our rotating policy amongst bowlers. We have no bloody bench strength at the moment which is quite surprising considering our bench strength was top notch around 2008. IS has been utter garbage in the shorter format and should not be picked henceforth. I rather use him in Tests only. Zaheer has been injured for quite sometime now and should consider playing one format to endure tough scheduling. I rather have IKP, Aggy, Sreesanth, PK, Bhajji as our front line bowlers because barring Sree; rest of the bowlers can chip in with some valuable runs and that can prove to be vital as some of these bowlers leak runs very frequently. We cannot do anything about CT as our squad has been declared, so I'd like to see the following line up: GG SRT RD Raina Yuvraj Pathan Nayar MSD Bhajji PK Nehra There is no point in picking more front line bowlers as they have made a habit of bleeding runs. Carrying more part timers gives us the option of using them as genuine all rounders who can bat and bowl. We have to strengthen our batting lineup to make up for our piss poor bowling lineup.

There is no point in picking more front line bowlers as they have made a habit of bleeding runs. Carrying more part timers gives us the option of using them as genuine all rounders who can bat and bowl. We have to strengthen our batting lineup to make up for our piss poor bowling lineup.
It seems like a dramatic move, but it may work. If it was the odd game then it would be a bit drastic, but these guys haven't delivered for a while. Do we have any more warm up games? Because I'd like to see Nehra and RP have another crack, they did well in the IPL in SA
Fire sir Venky' date=' if it wasnt for our strong batting line-up and spin department we'd be losing every single game.[/quote'] its this bowling line up which won us Test matches Abroad , be it in England , SA or Aus & most of the credit should go to the coach ....ODIs are all about batsmen , we havenot lost a series this year , you think its all cos of our batting ? on the Kind of flat pitches we have been playing lately , I dont see any other bowling lineups restricting decent batting linups to a sub-300 total ...not even the SA bowling .
It seems like a dramatic move' date=' but it may work. If it was the odd game then it would be a bit drastic, but these guys haven't delivered for a while. Do we have any more warm up games? Because I'd like to see Nehra and RP have another crack, they did well in the IPL in SA[/quote'] I don't know why are Indians banking on the IPL performances. #1 RSA was called upon on emergency basis, hence the lack of time for pitch preparation. #2 It was a bloody T20 tournament. It certainly is not drastic as Nayar is a very useful bowler and possesses the ability of bowling a quota of 10 overs. So we have 4 bowlers who can bowl 10 overs while YK, Raina, Yuvraj, SRT can fill in the shoes of needy 5th bowler. This tournament is a really important tournament for India as we haven't performed on a bigger stage for quite a while and such moves are necessary when your bowlers haven't performed in the past year or so. No need to give them chances on such podium.
its this bowling line up which won us Test matches Abroad ' date=' be it in England , SA or Aus & most of [b']the credit should go to the coach ....ODIs are all about batsmen , we havenot lost a series this year , you think its all cos of our batting ? on the Kind of flat pitches we have been playing lately , I dont see any other bowling lineups restricting decent batting linups to a sub-300 total ...not even the SA bowling .
I say the credit should go to Zak, when he is there it makes a massive difference. Firstly his bowling, next he gives the younger bowlers tips and always talks to them as he usually ends up fielding at mid on/off and he sets the fields for them.
I don't know why are Indians banking on the IPL performances. #1 RSA was called upon on emergency basis' date=' hence the lack of time for pitch preparation. #2 It was a bloody T20 tournament. It certainly is not drastic as Nayar is a very useful bowler and possesses the ability of bowling a quota of 10 overs. So we have 4 bowlers who can bowl 10 overs while YK, Raina, Yuvraj, SRT can fill in the shoes of needy 5th bowler. This tournament is a really important tournament for India as we haven't performed on a bigger stage for quite a while and such moves are necessary when your bowlers haven't performed in the past year or so. No need to give them chances on such podium.[/quote'] The reason I bring up the IPL is they bowled overs at the start of the innings and at the death, they picked up early wickets and bowled some good death overs in SA conditions. The way most teams come out to bat these days, you might as well be playing T20
How will firing Prasad strengthen our bowling arsenal ? He can only do much by correcting their errs (i.e. conceding wides/overstepping/change of action) but at the end of the day the onus is on our bowlers to perform well. Whatever happened to our rotating policy amongst bowlers. We have no bloody bench strength at the moment which is quite surprising considering our bench strength was top notch around 2008. IS has been utter garbage in the shorter format and should not be picked henceforth. I rather use him in Tests only. Zaheer has been injured for quite sometime now and should consider playing one format to endure tough scheduling. I rather have IKP, Aggy, Sreesanth, PK, Bhajji as our front line bowlers because barring Sree; rest of the bowlers can chip in with some valuable runs and that can prove to be vital as some of these bowlers leak runs very frequently. We cannot do anything about CT as our squad has been declared, so I'd like to see the following line up: GG SRT RD Raina Yuvraj Pathan Nayar MSD Bhajji PK Nehra There is no point in picking more front line bowlers as they have made a habit of bleeding runs. Carrying more part timers gives us the option of using them as genuine all rounders who can bat and bowl. We have to strengthen our batting lineup to make up for our piss poor bowling lineup.
If the bowling coach cant be held responsible for crappy bowling performance then who could. As for correcting errness(bowling action to be specific), our bowling line-up is the most injury prone in the world but sir Venky never sees is coming. Potential 145k+ are turning into slowpokes on regular basis, be it RP, Munaf, IS or PK. But it always gets blamed on slow pitches or busy schedules. Not to mention junior pathan's career died slow death under sir Venky's watch, he couldn't even help poor pathan regain his pace. I do agree with your point that rather than picking slowpokes as our front line bowlers, give chance to genuine all rounders who bowl pretty much at the same pace.
its this bowling line up which won us Test matches Abroad ' date=' be it in England , SA or Aus & most of the credit should go to the coach ....ODIs are all about batsmen , we havenot lost a series this year ,[b'] you think its all cos of our batting ? on the Kind of flat pitches we have been playing lately , I dont see any other bowling lineups restricting decent batting linups to a sub-300 total ...not even the SA bowling .
Yes precisely and our spin bowling to some extent. Our pace talent only impressed in their early days, but the performance has only deteriorated overtime. You already know who I blame. I have seen teams bundling out for less than 200 against SL plenty of times..