Dont we have any bowlers???

zubinpepsi

same mediocre performance, day after day..... Fire Venkatesh Prasad..... we need a good bowling coach...and where are all the potential bowlers?? RP singh-- mediocre at best, shines 1 out every 20 matches IS-- after the Australian tour, he has gone down hill.... not sure if its lack of discipline or bad coaching? IP - Used to be a good talent and now lost in oblivion PK-- swings the ball both ways...however very inconsistent performer Sree-- one bowler I would like to see back in the team...plays with passion ZK--- injured most of the time Nehra --- shined initially and now slowly coming back to old form Sir Aggy -- needs to be brought back....his sheer field presence will scare the Pommies
I would also blame BCCI for not creating bowlers. Just check the above list and hardly any of these are new bowlers. Most of them are people who have made comeback several times into the teams after being kicked out at regular intervals. I dont know why BCCI is not giving importance to fast bowlers. I am not sure if they are also looking at the MRF Pace Academy. Nothing is being done to develop fast bowlers. If you look at the future it is even more bleak. We do not have a single fast bowling backup for the future. All we have are just average medium pacers and our whole arsenal of fast bowlers are almost nearing retirement or getting out of form soon. :((

I think with Bhajji back that may well be a real option My theory is the long break- It never does us any good. I can think of at least one or two years where weve been in good form then taken an extneded break only to come back looking very ordinary Instead the BCCI should plan it so the break being taken dosent last more than say, 2 weeks. But those 2 week breaks could be taken a couple of times in a year so that players done get ring rusty- particularly our bowlers who seem to need to bowl a lot to stay in rhythm

WHY DIDNT Nayar bowl yesterday? i think seeing the condition of our pacers,it wont be a bad idea to pack our side with basman n spinners.this should be the team.this should be the team: SRT GG RD UV MSD Raina Nayar Yusuf Bhajji Mishra RP/PK
As I said in another post too, it would be better to pack two main spinners instead of three fast bowlers. Take only two fast bowlers in the team. All the three including Nehra, RP and Eggy suck in the middle overs and they perform worse than spinners. Rotate all the spinners and part timers so that the opposition does not settle easily. Nayar can be medium pacer allrounder and that will also help. RP or Nehra should be preferred instead of PK as there is already a medium pacer in Nayar. Hope that the actual matches are good for us. :pray:
since our pacer r doing so fantastically.it wont be a bad option,specially against teams that r weak against spin.open the bowling with Nayar ffs. against Pak,SL ,we can play more pacers
Bhai we would need one more pacer. Only one pacer to open the bowling can be a bad option especially against stronger teams. Maybe we will have to go with Ishant and Nehra/RP.
Bhai we would need one more pacer. Only one pacer to open the bowling can be a bad option especially against stronger teams. Maybe we will have to go with Ishant and Nehra/RP.
U R RITE.2 pacers n 2 spinners is a good combination with Nayar filling in 3rd pacer role.i would pick RP n Nehra as our two pacers seeing thier record in SA
Is Piyush Chawla injured? If he is not then he should have been in the squad ahead of A Mishra. Personally I feel Piyush is a better limited overs bowler than Mishra and he is a handy lower hand batsman as well.
Piyush is playing county cricket atm.dont think he is better than Mishra.he cant spin the ball enuf.Mishra is more attacking option than Chawla
Is Piyush Chawla injured? If he is not then he should have been in the squad ahead of A Mishra. Personally I feel Piyush is a better limited overs bowler than Mishra and he is a handy lower order batsman as well.
Piyush will play in Champions League T20 starting from Oct 8. He will play for the English T20 side Sussex as their main spin bowler.
U R RITE.2 pacers n 2 spinners is a good combination with Nayar filling in 3rd pacer role.i would pick RP n Nehra as our two pacers seeing thier record in SA
I would prefer Ishant because he is more reliable than the other two on any day. He has bad day too but he is more consistent than the other two. I would pick Ishant at first and if needed switch to Nehra and RP later on in the tournament. Regarding Nehra and RP's performance in the IPL earlier this year, you have to remember that it was a lot better for swing bowling then in winter but conditions might have changed a lot now.
I would prefer Ishant because he is more reliable than the other two on any day. He has bad day too but he is more consistent than the other two. I would pick Ishant at first and if needed switch to Nehra and RP later on in the tournament.
Ishant is the last one i'll pick.he is expensive n has a huge no-ball problem.i think it'll be toss up between him n RP.Nehra would be in starting XI based on seniority