Yusuf Pathan or Abhishek Nayar?

Lord

Irfan Pathan is overall a better bastman than Yousuf Pathan. When there is swing he will be more than handy. Just give him a few overs.. if he doesn't click use Raina, Yuvi to fill up the overs. Irfan is a better bet than Yousuf. Yousuf just freezes at times. If he needs to be permanent, he has to improve his fielding and bowling.

Yusuf barely bowls anyways, and when he does his spin won't be useful for Saffer conditions. He only has one method of play - to slog. We need a guy who can come in at 90/5, steady the ship, and get us to a decent total. He also needs to come in at 280/5 and hit a 15 ball 30 to take us to a really huge score. Nayar is the man. Plus, his bowling is pretty effective too. I saw him live in the Buchi Babu tournament in Chennai, he seemed to be bowling pretty damn briskly. Got a sweet caught and bowled too.

Yosuf is a Must.. He is a genuine matchwinner... We gotta give him more time... He failed in 2nd match where everyone failed including Yuvi, Dhoni..Pitch was implayable.. In the final, he came in last 5 overs where all he could do was slog... Give this guy some time.. Take my word, he will be one of the biggest matchwinner for us...

Rubbish. Please familiarize yourself with some Indian domestic cricket and some of Nayar's knocks under pressure there.
u forgot his innings against newzealand A. india AS were 90 fro 5 chasing a big target and he came at 6 or 7 and scored a big 100 over 140 and win the match, u forgot the 20-20 between India and Srilnaka where India win was looking impossible bt he with Irfan won the game for India in Jan this year.u forgot his 30 ball 50 against England where he propelled india over 300 in a one-day. People's memory is so short. Nayar has to perform like that yet in International Cricket and he gives some cruicial breakthrouhgs with his off spin. IN the final, he got Jaysuria out, how u forget that. He is a clever bowler better than Nayar. Nayar is useless bowler
YKP has got a fair bit of chances now. I think Nayar should also get a chance now. I am also a bit concerned with Suresh Raina's batting though his bowling has improved a lot. Frankly speaking I would like Veeru and Gauti and that is enough for the already strong batting lineup but I am really pinched by the fast bowling. It seems India's fast bowling woes are going to last forever. Although Atul Sharma might have been just a hype and nothing else but still I would like a few genuine fast bowlers. India is producing quality batsmen and quality spinners but the main problem is still the lack of genuine fast bowlers. India's fast bowling seems to be never consistent. Nayar is good but I want more of a genuine fast bowler who can open the bowling instead of a medium pacer. I dont know what the MRF Pace Foundation is doing. They are hardly producing any fast bowlers. Nehra' date=' RP Singh, Zaheer and Ishant are all inconsistent. And except Ishant the other 3 bowlers are already quite old and may not last for many years.[/quote'] agree tha YKP is not so impressive, and surely A Nayar should be give a chance. :winky: But what made you doubt about Raina's Batting!. He is the kid with extreme temperament and surely you will be excited during his play in CT… :two_thumbs_up: But still I have some glitches, in playing Dravid in XI, instead some other all rounder could be given a chance...:(( btw... Is shewag is ruled out of CT :nervous:
u forgot his innings against newzealand A. india AS were 90 fro 5 chasing a big target and he came at 6 or 7 and scored a big 100 over 140 and win the match' date=' u forgot the 20-20 between India and Srilnaka where India win was looking impossible bt he with Irfan won the game for India in Jan this year.u forgot his 30 ball 50 against England where he propelled india over 300 in a one-day. People's memory is so short. Nayar has to perform like that yet in International Cricket and he gives some cruicial breakthrouhgs with his off spin. IN the final, he got Jaysuria out, how u forget that. He is a clever bowler better than Nayar. Nayar is useless bowler[/quote'] Wow u r quoting Yusuf's international exploits n Nayar hasnt played any intl cricket..hiw can u hold that against Nayar.why no belief in him
agree tha YKP is not so impressive, and surely A Nayar should be give a chance. :winky: But what made you doubt about Raina's Batting!. He is the kid with extreme temperament and surely you will be excited during his play in CT… :two_thumbs_up: But still I have some glitches, in playing Dravid in XI, instead some other all rounder could be given a chance...:(( btw... Is shewag is ruled out of CT :nervous:
firstly Sehwag is ruled out of CT:(( n about playing RD in XI ,i dont see a problem,he can open if GG doesnt recover n can bat at 2 if he does.remember the pitches in SA will be such where early consilidation will be handy
i would pick abhishek over nayar because: 1) Hes a much better fielder than yusuf at any position 2) He is a good striker and plays sensibly as well, a good strike rotator 3) Hes a good option on saffie pitches and can even roll over some overs in as a good part time option.Yusf will not be effective as the pitch doesnt suit part time spinners(Ajmal,afridi etc.)
:omg:
Of the two, who is a match winner? On his day, YKP is but Nayar isn't. Then again in SA conditions, I would prefer Nayar to YKP simply coz we will be going in with only three front line seamers...and UV/ Raina should be able to compensate for YKP.
i dont whats the problem, in guessing A NAyar better than YKP! A NAyar is a better batsman, could be striking and also can rotate singles! fair medium pacer! agree we have good spinners!