Yusuf Pathan or Abhishek Nayar?

Lord

Of the two' date= who is a match winner? On his day, YKP is but Nayar isn't. Then again in SA conditions, I would prefer Nayar to YKP simply coz we will be going in with only three front line seamers...and UV/ Raina should be able to compensate for YKP.
n why Nayar isnt a match winner
Yosuf is a Must.. He is a genuine matchwinner... We gotta give him more time... He failed in 2nd match where everyone failed including Yuvi' date=' Dhoni..Pitch was implayable.. In the final, he came in last 5 overs where all he could do was slog... Give this guy some time.. Take my word, he will be one of the biggest matchwinner for us...[/quote'] How may opportunities he need ??????? :blink:
Do you seriously think opposition bowlers would prefer YKP walking to the crease at No.7 to Nayar?
IN CURRENT FORM,YES.being aggresive isnt everything.even Afridi is aggresive n can hit sixes.but in all probabilities,Nayar would be more sensible than Yusuf,more safer than him n eventually more useful

Come on, please don't compare Afridi and YKP.:(( Yes, I completely agree Nayar is a sensible player than Yusuf but YKP is a better hitter than Nayar and he gives you those extra 15-20 runs which could make all the difference in the end. Again, in testing conditions like in SA, as I said earlier, Nayar could be more useful than YKP but overall I still prefer YKP to Nayar.

Come on, please don't compare Afridi and YKP.:(( Yes, I completely agree Nayar is a sensible player than Yusuf but YKP is a better hitter than Nayar and he gives you those extra 15-20 runs which could make all the difference in the end. Again, in testing conditions like in SA, as I said earlier, Nayar could be more useful than YKP but overall I still prefer YKP to Nayar.
being a better hitter isnt everything.u gotta be consistent.its not as if Nayar is in Kaif mould,he can hit the ball too.but he doesnt go for it from the first ball.Yusuf,lke Afridi,plays for the galleries,we need someone who can adjust

Just because people feel someone doesn't deserve a spot on current form, does not make them a hater. Nobody is saying Nayar will come in and put in match winning performances every match. But he may do better than what Yusuf is doing. Yusuf is picked in the side because of his hitting ability. If we wanted a batsman, there are better players out there. His job is to come in at the death overs and smash some quick runs, but he hardly does that. The odd good inning here and there is not good enough.

All Yusuf haters acting like at number 7 Nayar will score 100 in every innning or take 5 wicket with his 115 ks dibbly-dobbly bowling. Yusuf has proved his ability many times. Nayar is yet to prove that.
so how many 100s has Yusuf scored at 7 or how many 5fers has he taken? its not about 100s n 5 fers,its about being consistent. Yusuf got his chances n then proved himself.let Nayar get the opportunities n we'll see

i dnt expect him to make 100 at 7, he hasnt done anything wrong yet except that drop catch in the final, bt he took an important wicket too. Remember he got out on 1st ball in the final while trying to score runs. Indian team dont need too many changes for the sake of change. Because that kind of changes dont do good for the player's confidence. Abhishek Nayar will get his chance at the right time. WE need to give him time too. He is nothing a special player. He is an ordinary bits and pieces player too.

i dnt expect him to make 100 at 7' date=' he hasnt done anything wrong yet except that drop catch in the final, bt he took an important wicket too. Remember he got out on 1st ball in the final while trying to score runs. Indian team dont need too many changes for the sake of change. Abhishek Nayar will get his chance at the right time. WE need to give him time too. He is nothing a special player. He is an ordinary bits and pieces player too.[/quote'] u remember that wicket,but forget he went for 36 in 4 overs where Raina n Yuvraj returned impressive figures.while batting ,he slogged the first delivery he faced,isnt that insanity?yes they were final overs but he could have played the support cast to Yuvraj who was batting well.instead he wanted to be hero n slogged it without any thought
u remember that wicket' date='but forget he went for 36 in 4 overs where Raina n Yuvraj returned impressive figures.while batting ,he slogged the first delivery he faced,isnt that insanity?yes they were final overs but he could have played the support cast to Yuvraj who was batting well.instead he wanted to be hero n slogged it without any thought[/quote'] only 1 or 2 overs were left and raina too slogged. There was lots of wicket remained thn u dnt need to waste deiveries, that is a no win situation. If u make runs u r not appreciated if u get out in stroke making thn too its not appreciated.
only 1 or 2 overs were left and raina too slogged. There was lots of wicket remained thn u dnt need to waste deiveries' date=' that is a no win situation. If u make runs u r not appreciated if u get out in stroke making thn too its not appreciated.[/quote'] He is picked because of his ability to hit, there are better batsmen in India
only 1 or 2 overs were left and raina too slogged. There was lots of wicket remained thn u dnt need to waste deiveries' date=' that is a no win situation. If u make runs u r not appreciated if u get out in stroke making thn too its not appreciated.[/quote'] but first ball?Raina didnt slog on the first ball.u can always look for cheeky shots n singles.

A number 7's role in an ODI cannot be just to come out and have a swing in the last 5-10 overs. There are times when a number 7 will have to come out around the 25-30 over mark and build and recover an innings from there. Yusuf Pathan is a complete fail in that aspect of the game and Nayar has all the capabilities to play that kind of a role. But we have invested a lot of time in Pathan and he probably should be given one more series. However, if he cannot show the ability to construct an ODI innings, he should be given the boot.

u remember that wicket' date='but forget he went for 36 in 4 overs where Raina n Yuvraj returned impressive figures.while batting ,he slogged the first delivery he faced,isnt that insanity?yes they were final overs but he could have played the support cast to Yuvraj who was batting well.instead he wanted to be hero n slogged it without any thought[/quote'] it was hardly a mindless slog though. It was a wide ball which he tried to squeeze for four but got caught, it happens...