NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, 2009

Guest Shivani

Cheers for that SachDan, good to see some decent pace bowling from Indians Meanwhile... 21.6 Ashwin to Jalaj S Saxena, no run, shout for lbw. Lovely little carrom-ball delivery there! It landed on a length around middle and leg, Saxena shaped to defend but the ball broke back in and hit him on the body. It was delivered like a leg cutter. Did he flick it like the carrom ball?. And yep, it's a carrom ball like release,. It landed on a length on middle and leg and cut in towards middle. It hit the batsman high on the pad Our very own Ashwin Mendis Whatever happened to Mohnish Parmar? Wasnt he working ona carrom ball, posthis action changes?

Sunil Mathew: "Ashwin has simply outbowled & outperformed harbhajan in this tournament. he has been the best spinner in the tournament by a distance. Its time to have a serious look at this modest but hard working and consistent cricketer. And if your comment is true he has discovered a carrom ball and that is a first for an indian bowler. Amit misra commented recently that he is in the process of developing one. exciting times ahead for indian slow bowling at least." I can confirm again about that carrom ball. He did bowl one, lovely delivery that cut from middle and leg, opened up the batsman, and hit him on the back leg in front of middle but it was high.
I think Sreesanth is a better bowler than Ishant. Ishant refuses to pitch it up when needed. But Sree has awesome seam position and consistently pitches up.
Check the last six months of Sreesanth.. he was crap in both County and domestic cricket... I dont want somebody just to be selected on talent without performance. if that is the case Ishant is a better talent for the future

In the challenger trophy Ishant was the worst on the view. He kept bowling short and wide. He was all over the shop. This guy is a complete misfit for one dayers. Everyone else bowl faster than him. I think Sreesanth has developed very good rythm. He is a your typical test match bowler. But considering Ishant's deteriorating form he is an option to consider.