Mohammed Kaif

Sooda

He was too slow and too inconsistent. At one stage he was recording series of single digits. He probably got the longest rope an Indian player could hope to get.
The single digit stage was for a few ODIs yeah. But he did well in the ODIs in W Indies IIRC- albeit as you say batting quite slowly, managed to nurdle a few 50s Its as a test batsman that he got nothing like the rope he deserved.

I used to be such a Kaif-Irfan-Zak freak at some point of time !!! Damn ... i wish he gets a chance to make a come back in the national squad and most importantly PROVE HIMSELF in that one chance ... :pray:

I do think Kaif has been very harshly treated for a little while now. He was picked in a squad to play Seth Africa when SRT got injured last year but then dosent get in any further ones. Crapola gits like Badrinath get in the squad, who cant even score against emerging teams. Yes the big names are all better batsmen. But surely he should be on the fringes, ahead of middle order candiddates like Badri But dropped again until that 91 versus England at Nagpur nearly 2 years later, followed by a good series in WI where he scored a pretty good ton and then is dropped for good to pave way for Ganguly. He played well vs Aus in a tour match last year apparently with a new free-er scoring technique. So. Why not Kaif...?
Seems you are the fake profile of M Kaif! (your stupidity speaks a lot :haha:) We dont want to see you anymore and we have lot of potentials then you! and better you can think of cementing a place in :rr: first! then you can think about India A. Comparing Classy Badri with you! :hysterical: :hysterical: So you say MR. Kaif paved way for Dada............ :hysterical: free scoring :WTF:
Another Kaif fan. I saw him in real life practicing in the nets in Jawaharlal Nehru stadium in Delhi (our school went there to organize the annual sports day :P). Kaif was great entertainment on screen. And India could REALLY use his fielding right now.
you mean ball picker? :hysterical: :haha: :hysterical:
dogged batsman... i dont think so! also there are too many good players than him mate!
but Kaif has international experience.n he has played many good back to the wall innings.whether it is the Natwest final or Champ trophy ton in SL against Zim. there r surely young better talented players but in terms of relying on someone for short term,he can be handy
Seems you are the fake profile of M Kaif! (your stupidity speaks a lot :haha:) We dont want to see you anymore and we have lot of potentials then you! and better you can think of cementing a place in :rr: first! then you can think about India A.
Oh really. Is that because form in a lalloo T20 tourno is directly relevant to ability to play in test matches ? Erm... no it Isnt. Ranji form -where MK have done so well as skipper over the past few years OTOH is. Not to mention the fact that he has actually played test cricket and done well. And please do name 'the lot of potentials' ? As I have pointed out, none of them are a better option than Mohd Kaif
Comparing Classy Badri with you! :hysterical: :hysterical:
classy eh? What did he average against EMERGING players again? (It wasnt very good)
So you say MR. Kaif paved way for Dada............ :hysterical: free scoring :WTF:
He was dropped and Ganguly took his place in the squad for the tour of south Africa in 06/07-despite the fact that he scored a big hundred in the 3rd test there. And yes he has modified his technique and is, as a consequence, more free scoring now than he was. He was not very good in the ODI series in South Africa that immediately preceded the tests there which is why he was dropped. But then, as we have concluded, he is not an ODI batter.
Oh really. Is that because form in a lalloo T20 tourno is directly relevant to ability to play in test matches ? Erm... no it Isnt. Ranji form -where MK have done so well as skipper over the past few years OTOH is. Not to mention the fact that he has actually played test cricket and done well. And please do name 'the lot of potentials' ? As I have pointed out, none of them are a better option than Mohd Kaif classy eh? What did he average against EMERGING players again? (It wasnt very good) He was dropped and Ganguly took his place in the squad for the tour of south Africa in 06/07-despite the fact that he scored a big hundred in the 3rd test there. And yes he has modified his technique and is, as a consequence, more free scoring now than he was. He was not very good in the ODI series in South Africa that immediately preceded the tests there which is why he was dropped. But then, as we have concluded, he is not an ODI batter.
:omg: here's the fake! Friends i have some good respect for M K! & please dont miss interpret me! i know about his recent form, and i really wonder how selectors missed out him, but this sooda's thoughts like, He is better than M Tiwary, S Badri etc are not agreeable at all!
but this sooda's thoughts like, He is better than M Tiwary, S Badri etc are not agreeable at all!
You cant just claim he isnt as good as Tiwary (lol) and Badri- we should all accept it on your say-so? TRY and back it up with some sort of facts or reasoning You cant -thats the bottom line.