Mohammed Kaif

Sooda

^ But he has to remove his nervousness before he can be included. I have never ever seen him with a cool attitude. He is good in running between the wickets and he is also good in fielding. But it irritates me when he holds his bat nervously as if the bowler is going to kill him. I dont find confidence in his body language while he is batting though he has a great body language while fielding.

Bump. I was just looking at challenger trophy squads and he is no where there. The guy was Rest of India's captain in Irani trophy 2 years ago is not even considered to be among top 42 odi cricketers. A very sad selection this. I hope Kaif get a chacne soon. They have really destroyed his career

Bump. I was just looking at challenger trophy squads and he is no where there. The guy was Rest of India's captain in Irani trophy 2 years ago is not even considered to be among top 42 odi cricketers. A very sad selection this. I hope Kaif get a chacne soon. They have really destroyed his career
He does not deserve place in the Indian team now but if he does not get chance in domestic cricket then it is surely sad. He is still better than most domestic players and even newcomers and deserves a place in the domestic teams for sure. I hope he is given his chances soon. He is nervous but he has got talent and is perhaps one of the best fielders that have been produced in India ever.
He does not deserve place in the Indian team now but if he does not get chance in domestic cricket then it is surely sad.
Not in the ODI side yes, but you think Badrinath is a better option as backup for a test middle order spot? Given Kaifs form as captain of the very good UP team over 2 years (yes Badris has been very good too) But moreover the fact that he has performed for us in test cricket in the past. Something none of the likes of Badri, Raina and Virat can point to and that for me makes him front runner. He should not have been even dropped when he was dropped after that WI tour, he was in the squad to replace the injured SRT vs SAf last year but then not heard of again-inexplicably. If I was choosing a squad of (say 16) today for the SL series at home, Kaif would be in it. I think its over now anyway for poor Kaif, not being in ANY of the challenger teams either...really dont know why the selectors dont fancy him.
^ Well its true. For middle order 4-6 where Kaif can fit in, the realistic options as back up are Raina, Rohit, Badri and Virat. The likes of Rahane need a bit more time. Id say Kaif should be ahead of the queue in front of all those 4 bearing in mind his recent domestic work and what he's done for us in the past in test cricket. Raina and Rohit are much more talented naturally but need a bit more time.
As for Rohit, He is Talented but has nt shown the temperament for Intl cricket. Apart from CB series he has done nothing in his career. He is special talent but I dont see him having a good career at all. Unless he does a Hayden and some how finds that magic form when he is 28,29 years old and plays for few years till the end of his career.

He has to bring something different to the table to get noticed again. Some blazing knocks in the domestic might get the attention from selectors. He has to turn himself into a big hitter. He was persisted with even when he had sequences like 8, 5, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0, 5, 15. Then he started playing really slowly. He is definitely not going to become a part time bowler. So he has to bring some X factor into his game.

i totally agree with vvs laxman that he has been illtreated one of my favorite player.his natwest series performance could not be forgetten..........vvs laxman made one mistake he was taken in for srt not for the south african series but when india toured england in 07-08......hey i m his greatest fan...:pray: for him...sorry i annot take his name he is like god to me

Hes not going to suddenly become a big hitter, but he has changed his technique and is a better batsman than he was a few years ago- a free-er scorer. Thats what I read last year Theres probably no room for him in the ODI team But I genuinely think that he should be in the test 15 as middle order back up. There have been very few better batsmen in domestic cricket, and when he add to that the fact that he skippered UP to 3 successive Ranji finals and has played well for India in tests under pressure, its criminal that he's being ignored. No Logic. At all.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Looks like Aadhavzone might be of the same species as that naarth indian comedian amit$. Sooda, how's your brother doing?
NEWSJUNKIE!!!!!!!!!! How you been man???!! I was thinking of you just yesterday in that '3rd Anniversary of ICF thread' I didnt know you were on here until Shwetabh mentioned it My brother is ok, married now so busy with that and work etc. Hows all at your end? Life treating you ace I hope!