Champions Trophy Warm Up Games

Sachinism

Don't understand why Dhoni kept going to the seamers when they were being smashed about. Nayar was taken in the team but wasn't given a bowl. Whats the point of playing him if you aren't going to try him out in a warm up game. Raina was bowling very tight and Yuvi was getting hammered, yet Yuvi kept bowling and Raina was taken off.
isnt that the whole point of warmups ? try out things , you wudnt in a official match ?
isnt that the whole point of warmups ? try out things ' date=' you wudnt in a official match ?[/quote'] True, but then Nayar wasn't given a go. I don't know what more our seamers need to try. How many times have they have been smashed about in the final overs because they can't get the ball in the right areas
True, but then Nayar wasn't given a go. I don't know what more our seamers need to try. How many times have they have been smashed about in the final overs because they can't get the ball in the right areas
I dont think Nayars considered as bowling option , if the pick him it will be purely for his batting ..I know our pace bowling as been avg , but so are most of other bowling attacks on these flat tracks ...they will perform when it counts ,as they always have done in the past

I just checked cricinfo after several days and I was surprised at this huge defeat from a third class team like NZ whom we have defeated every time we have met recently. NZ was one of our easiest and best pets and WTF happened to the team. And I was equally surprised to see SA scoring 388 against WI. How the hell they reached 388. Bhai hope that we do not start being inconsistent in the Champions Trophy. Although Veeru and Zak is not present but I still have high hopes. Nayar performed well and he should be in. I still think bowling is our main weakness. PK gave away 10 RPO while RP gave 8 RPO and Ishant 7 RPO. PK should be kicked out for sure. If RP also keeps on continuing his dismal form he would need to be kicked out. Ishant can be tried but not for long. We have to create some quality fast bowlers soon. The only good thing is that Mishra peformed well and he can be kept. Maybe we can keep both Bhajji and Mishra and kick out one of the faster bowlers making place for Nayar.

Wasn't expecting India to lose by such a margin. I have noticed in desi teams if they lose warm-ups then they perform well in the tournament, & if they perform well in the warm-ups it goes the opposite way when it matters. Not a good sign for my team. Hopefully Pakistan & India will break the curse this time around & carry their warm-up forms. Comeon India-Pakistan lets do it together!! :two_thumbs_up:

I just checked cricinfo after several days and I was surprised at this huge defeat from a third class team like NZ whom we have defeated every time we have met recently. NZ was one of our easiest and best pets and WTF happened to the team. And I was equally surprised to see SA scoring 388 against WI. How the hell they reached 388. Bhai hope that we do not start being inconsistent in the Champions Trophy. Although Veeru and Zak is not present but I still have high hopes. Nayar performed well and he should be in. I still think bowling is our main weakness. PK gave away 10 RPO while RP gave 8 RPO and Ishant 7 RPO. PK should be kicked out for sure. If RP also keeps on continuing his dismal form he would need to be kicked out. Ishant can be tried but not for long. We have to create some quality fast bowlers soon. The only good thing is that Mishra peformed well and he can be kept. Maybe we can keep both Bhajji and Mishra and kick out one of the faster bowlers making place for Nayar.
It was a WI A side and SA have a class batting line up
Wasn't expecting India to lose by such a margin. I have noticed in desi teams if they lose warm-ups then they perform well in the tournament, & if they perform well in the warm-ups it goes the opposite way when it matters. Not a good sign for my team. Hopefully Pakistan & India will break the curse this time around & carry their warm-up forms. Comeon India-Pakistan lets do it together!! :two_thumbs_up:
:hehe:
It was a WI A side and SA have a class batting line up
Are WI again sending their A team instead of the main team. Who is the captain? But still SA have scored 388 which is not a small achievement. EDIT: I saw the WI side and it was not even a A side. I think it was WI B or C side. :giggle: They have not won even one of their four warm up matches including the ones again local SA teams. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: