India's best chance to qualify

The Outsider

I dont buy that Pakistan is fielding a weaker team. Imho Asif, Rao Iftikhar and Fawad Alam are anyday better than Naved, Umar Gul and Imran Nazir. Even Misbah is an upgrade over Younis. Pakistan might actually be stronger tomorrow. The only thing I am unsure of is how will they handle swing and bounce in Joburg. Hoping that they win the toss.

Pakistan might actually be stronger tomorrow. The only thing I am unsure of is how will they handle swing and bounce in Joburg. Hoping that they win the toss.
They are playing at Centurion - we are playing at Wanderers. Funnily, in day matches chasing teams have done well at Centurion though that might not be the case tomorrow because it's the third match on the track.
Well, it's a given Pakistan will somehow have to beat Australia but because we are playing at the Wanderers tomorrow against WI if we win the toss we'll have a good chance to qualify. Even assuming Pakistan beats Australia by the smallest margin, Australia's NRR will be +0.5 If we win the toss we must bowl and on this pitch it's a good chance we can wrap up WI cheaply. 1. If WI score 200, India will have to get the target in 31 overs 2. If WI score 150, India will have to get the target in 29 overs These are very realistic targets. If we bat first we will have to win the match by 104 runs which is a tough ask, but for every run the Pakistanis beat Australia by this difference will come down. Yes, a bit of luck with the toss is required, but it's not doom and gloom yet.
How about sending this to jokes??? B-> We dont F%$ing want to quallify...lets go home....first get all our 11 players fit.
I think there is a good chance we go through to the semis. Rain gods didn't interfere for no reason.
Nada. CDs beating Aussies tomorrow is as likely as WI beating us. I guarantee you Pak will be very lucky to score 200 , if they bat first tomorrow. They are due, their typical collapses.

Well, even if pak wins against aus, Dhoni & co needs to play well against WI and increase the net run rate. I have been unhappy with the batting lineup...irrespective of the fact that yuvi and sehwag are unavailable...when chasing 300+ or close to 300...dhoni needs to walk 1 down. Right now The little master, GG, Dhoni and Raina are the only 4 batsmen who can score at run a ball or faster which is imperative when chasing 280+ totals.