Recos for a blue ray player

coffee_rules

Guest Gunner
Discover technology. Start by rubbing flint stones to create fire. You will be surprised how food tastes when cooked in fire. It will taste even better when you eventually discover salt.
:((:((

An Audio/Video player for $600?! Do they make it out of diamonds or something! Whats so special about this blu-ray thingy?
1. Costs $260, not $600 2. Netflix - Play streaming movies without connecting a LAN cable, let alone your computer 3. YouTube - Ditto 4. CinemaNow - Ditto 5. Put your downloaded hindi movie on a USB stick and plug it into the USB port of the Blu Ray player and enjoy! No more S-video or other annoying cables all over the place. 6. oh and of course, Blu-Ray picture quality So you have these options: 1. $40 cheap dvd player 2. $100 up converting player - that uses interpolation (guesswork) to upconvert regular DVDs to quasi HD 3. A Blu-Ray player like LG BD390

I have the LG BD 390 and I love it.
Agreed. Its awesome. Its USP is the 802.11n Wi-Fi Support. To add to it NetFlix, Cinema Now (U.S.) and Youtube (World Wide). In India we have seventymm.com (No Blu-Rays, No TV Company Support). The Pricing is also fair (In the U.S.) as compared to various other competing brands. However, If I were to customize this with an additional feature, would be it to act as a DVR and have a 500MB Hard Diisk min. inbuilt. Now that would be something perfect. :D And would also cost a bomb. :((

Haven't made my decision. I might go for Samsung/Sony. PS3 has been vito'ed by misses. Negotiations are still on. Recently bought Wii' date=' so PS3 now is a push.[/quote'] What about HD audio with PS3 in case you want to connect a HTS? Does the PS3 support all HD audio formats? Edit: Does it have a USB?

Any recommendations? Samsung/Panasonic/Sony or Pioneer (one's costing 600 bucks!).
I saw something for $99 at bestbuy a few hrs ago ; might want to go check it. some crappy brand but dont worry about it. I use a PS3 and if you do buy a ps3 dont forget the remote its 20-25 extra. by the way wht TV are you using ?

What about HD audio with PS3 in case you want to connect a HTS? Does the PS3 support all HD audio formats? Edit: Does it have a USB?
what fo you mean HD audio formats ? yes ps3 has USb ports; i have an old one which comes with 4 usb ports ; ps3 slim i believe has 2 ports

what fo you mean HD audio formats ? yes ps3 has USb ports; i have an old one which comes with 4 usb ports ; ps3 slim i believe has 2 ports
DTS 96/24, DTS HD Master Audio, and DTS HD High Resolution Audio. I know not LG BD players support them.

DTS 96/24' date=' DTS HD Master Audio, and DTS HD High Resolution Audio. I know not LG BD players support them.[/quote'] i dont think so, maybe the slim does but PS3 gets firmware updates every month maybe one of them might have provided all the above support

i dont think so' date=' maybe the slim does but PS3 gets firmware updates every month maybe one of them might have provided all the above support[/quote'] I meant to say "Not All LG players support them" BD 390 does, but I am not sure about the BD 370.

Bump.. Seriously If anyone is going to buy a Blue Ray player - First of all the choice has to be Sony Okay now once brand has been decided, now use some brain and pick PS3 which is ofcourse a Sony make. Sony ps3 has the best Blue Ray possible. I have recently started working with Sears Electronics as my 2nd side job. and have checked all brands from panasonic to samsung. Nothing like Sony.

Got this Link The IPOD dock is excellent, wired network is good, 802.11 would have been better, Speaker Bass thump is awesome. Will Set it all within a couple of days. Now my only concern is to make this region free (Its SE Asia region.), its not immediate, since my collection of BR's is limited atm.