To the NRI crowd...any timeframe to return to swades if at all ?

patriot

Its not a question of innovation. Doing something for India or starting a business there always sounds like a good plan to me. I have mulled over the idea quite a bit. But then living in India is a major deterrent to any plan. The life style and social circle is awesome in India, no problems with that. The standard of living, basic amenities sucks big time and there is no end in sight to those problems. If I could work out a model where I could stay outside India and do something in connection to India, I certainly would. PS: From 2015 it will be all IFRS everywhere.
Cummon dude..use your poonji from here to buy yourself a comfy 3 BR nest in a metropolitan to go with a of mid sized sedan. Kya tension hai.

Once I win a Mega Billion lottery or have good amount of money in my bank account, I wiill move to India. But not fullly. Because if i stay there for long time, I will miss U.S then. Basically Ab kahi ke nahi rahe after living for so long here in abroad. So i will do up and down back and froth from U.S TO INDIA.

Guest Gunner
So I have come to the conclusion that NRIs just like their country from abroad BUT will not go live there :hehe:
I realized that a long time ago. Indian people love to talk about how great India is but will never go live there. :hehe:

Guest Gunner
Cummon dude..use your poonji from here to buy yourself a comfy 3 BR nest in a metropolitan to go with a of mid sized sedan. Kya tension hai.
Arre bhai, naa bijlee mere control mein hain na sadak. Ye sab leke kya achar dalun? Patriot make no mistake. I miss India a great deal, it does hurt.

This is life of an NRI in pardes Stage 1: Arrive in US/Aus/Canada and be amazed with the facilities Stage 2: Finish studies .. find a decent job and achieve short term goals like maybe getting a better job , decent car , saving some money etc Stage 3: getting married , buying a house and plan for kids but this where desis struggle the most, they wanna enjoy life overseas but want their kids to be desis and have Indian values (yes after doing 15 blondes in 5 years they want their kids to be amits :(( ). All NRIs think about going back home but for me when I am in Melbourne I call India home & when I am in India I realize that now home is Melbourne. India has changed so much but Im still in the time capsule from 1999. To me it all looks different and I dont know if I can live there now unless I dont have any other option. I still think about it but the biggest problem I find is the work culture since its very different to what we have in US or Aus. Most of my friends work at least 10 hrs a day, the benefits and leave are practically nothing, the commute time is over 90 mins each way and the politics at work . I iz confused PS: dont invest in property anywhere at the moment. Its going to get lot worse

Guest Hiten.
I think we are missing out on the economic and social front by staying out of India' date=' don't have much doubt on that. However, the standard of living has not really improved in India and the over population problem will never really be solved. [b']You will still have to wait in a mile long queue to buy a pack of condoms.
That is the sole reason why India has a population on a higher side :hysterical::hysterical:

Guest Hiten.

@ Topic: I have given up expecting/hoping for things to happen. As of now, nothing has ***ing worked out in any terms. So I am just trying to go with my life's flow. I would love to settle back in India but I don't see it happening. P.S: Yes P_K with this senti sheet I got laid.... you need skillz to killlzz nigggggggz :finger:

I think we are missing out on the economic and social front by staying out of India' date=' don't have much doubt on that. However, the standard of living has not really improved in India and the over population problem will never really be solved. You will still have to wait in a mile long queue to buy a pack of condoms.[/quote'] You have got some serious misconceptions about India.:wall:

I lived in Europe for 5+ years. I moved back to India last year. It's probably the best decision I've ever taken. I work 8 hours a day. I'm home by 6. Saturday/Sundays off. 50 days of leave in a year(including public holidays). B->