Heart Burn For Padosis

Malcolm Merlyn

With launch of the CL T20,another new chapter has been turned in the history of cricket.The 1st match was a cracker,with brilliant batting by Duminy and Taylor. The league has top domestic teams from all test countries except bangladesh and pakistan.Few people have blasted the tournament as no pakistani team has been involved and the pakistani fans have been ranting that they dont care about this league or the IPL. Few things must be made clear. 1.The organisers of the CL T20 league surely dont care about what Pakistan,their team or their fans have to say,for they specifically put the pakistani team out.whether they will play next year will be anybody's guess. 2.The league is represented by all other major test playing nations,so if a certain country or fans of a certain nation dont watch it,it doesnot matter 3.Pakistan is not the biggest or even one of the biggest revenue generators in the world 4.The league has enough talented players and absence of a few pakistanis namely shoaib malik and imran nazir wont make much of a difference 5.The absence of pakistani players and the IPL2 being played in a foreign country didnt made any difference to the success of IPL2,it was still a huge success 6.Pakistan is not a powerful board neither in terms of money nor in terms of their team performance,so what they think or do doesnt concern any one All in all if pakistan and pakistanis think that this league is not good enough well,they can think anything for most of the world is watching the league and a few pakistani absentees doesnt make a difference

Guest Hiten.

aye aye aye....another mention of Padosi's when our people are trying to celebrate launch of the first global club cricket event :wall:

Guest Hiten.

Sunny. Not trying to offend you, but I think we have had enough of threads on pakistan and what their supporters think about tournament staged by Indians. Sorry, I am going to lock this thread.

Guest Hiten.

G, sunny has taken the responsibility of ensuring that this thread won't turn into mudslinging. Sunny will keep an eye on this thread and will be :emc:'s third eye.

Pakistan government denied sending their players to IPL and then here too. India turned down their offer of playing Pakistan in march-april, and then later when they asked to play at dubai, we didn't accept that offer too. Hence they cut-off their link with IPL. It's not that this tournament won't continue without their players.

Ipl never ignored pakistanis. There were lot of Pakistani players in first edition of IPL.
After 26/11 L. Modi showed his back to the requests of all Paki players. Remember how all of us were applauding Modi's stubborn stand on keeping out Pakis in the 2nd edition !

Pakistan and India two natonas, one on high land and one in testing times, one full of talent, and one full of skills, both sides hate each other. i understand evrything about how an india feels, i guess if we were in india's postion then after 26/11 i dont know what couldve happened, but lets reality check everything, pakistan and india both have atleast 60-75% papulation, which is stated as poor, they work hard every single day of their lives to fufill their basics needs, and if them people dont get to watch a match then it will be just another crisis added to their humilations, but it wont make any difference, afterall cricket is a sport. but other 20-25% who are cricket lovers, they would do anything to stay happy and support their teams, let it be by saying "ipl and clt20 without pak players is boring, and we dont want our cricketers to take part in it" i have few freinds who say this on forums but when we meet they say clt20 is starting soon, but shame no pak players, its going be good and excellent tournament. but they wont mention this over here as it is not supporting our team. what am trying to say is that we people on webs with wealth and time can have bash at everyone by sitting in our homes, but the time keeps ticking, sometime we have good time and some time you people but the time still keeps running.

Pakistan and India two natonas, one on high land and one in testing times, one full of talent, and one full of skills, both sides hate each other. i understand evrything about how an india feels, i guess if we were in india's postion then after 26/11 i dont know what couldve happened, but lets reality check everything, pakistan and india both have atleast 60-75% papulation, which is stated as poor, they work hard every single day of their lives to fufill their basics needs, and if them people dont get to watch a match then it will be just another crisis added to their humilations, but it wont make any difference, afterall cricket is a sport. but other 20-25% who are cricket lovers, they would do anything to stay happy and support their teams, let it be by saying "ipl and clt20 without pak players is boring, and we dont want our cricketers to take part in it" i have few freinds who say this on forums but when we meet they say clt20 is starting soon, but shame no pak players, its going be good and excellent tournament. but they wont mention this over here as it is not supporting our team. what am trying to say is that we people on webs with wealth and time can have bash at everyone by sitting in our homes, but the time keeps ticking, sometime we have good time and some time you people but the time still keeps running.
i agree with most of what u said.times were better before 26/11.I still remember cheering for shoaib akhtar at the eden gardens in IPL1.bt as things stand i dont think any pakistani team will play in CL T20 nor any pakistani player in IPL.As u said ur nation and cricket are in testing times and the attitude of ur certain officials will hardly help u win friends.Remember before 26/11 BCCI was PCBs biggest supporter and friend.