It’s advantage India versus Aussies, says Sourav

Andy

Calcutta: Sourav Ganguly feels that it will be Advantage India when they take on Australia in a seven-match one-day series starting later this month. “It will be a close series but then my money will be on India since they are playing at home,†the former India captain said on Saturday. Sourav was speaking at an interactive session with the dealers of the Captain TMT bars, of which he is a brand ambassador. For the first time, Sourav went on record saying that he will lead the Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2010 Indian Premier League (IPL). “I will be the captain next season and will take all the decisions...†he said. Sourav, however, refused to say who would be his favourite as coach for the Shah Rukh Khan owned franchise. “Both John (Wright) and Dav (Whatmore) have good knowledge of the game. But I know John better since I have worked with him for five years during my stint as India captain,†he said. When asked who was the best captain in world cricket now, India’s most successful captain said that he admired Ricky Ponting, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Andrew Strauss. “But at this moment Ponting is the best in the world. He is slightly ahead of Dhoni, I will say,†he said. Sourav said he was not surprised by Eden Gardens getting a chance to host a one-dayer against Sri Lanka. “If Eden doesn’t get, who will!†Speaking about leadership quality, Sourav said a good captain should not take the beaten path. “He has to invent things. He can’t be dogmatic in his approach. He has to win the trust of the players and should not be afraid of taking risks. Whatever happens inside the selection meetings, he should be honest with that to his team members. Trust is very important to become a successful captain,†he said. Such was the response during the interactive session that Sourav stopped the anchor and asked the crowd to continue with their questions. “Don’t call it off. Let them ask. I am enjoying this thing,†he said and the crowd lapped it up. He said that when he first took up the game he didn’t know he would be a captain. “You don’t start think such things. It was just my love for the game that I used to go to Eden Gardens. I used to be thrilled. “When I got a chance to play for Bengal I was so excited. Then came the East Zone call and I was more excited. And like that when I got a call to play for my country I was over the moon. Ditto when I was made the skipper. “What I am trying to say is that with time my perspective changed. And I think that happens with everyone,†he said. When asked about his famous ‘half-Monty’ at Lord’s after India’s win over England in the 2002 Natwest Trophy, Sourav said he did that out of excitement and was not venting his ire at anyone. “Won’t you be excited when you strike a deal,†he asked. About his best ODI and Test innings, the elegant left-hander said 96 against Pakistan in Toronto in 1997 was his best ODI innings. “And 144 against Australia in Brisbane I will rate as my best Test innings.†And anything that still rankles? “Well the 2003 World Cup final loss to Australia,†he signed off. ========================================================== http://www.telegraphindia.com/1091011/jsp/sports/story_11601889.jsp

U mad ganguly is a coward? He feined injury on the morning of a Test match.
Atleast he didn't do it minutes before the biggest World Cup QF of all time which led to a humiliating defeat, an insulting send off for an oldie who was played in his 6th WC just to make a record and immense heart break for a 120 million people of a certain country. :winky:

True but a test match IN india WHILE being the skipper. Guess he took skipper literally cuz he sure as hell skipped that Test. Gangster vs Aus in odi's 35 matches 33 Inn 0 n/o 774 runs @ 23.45. SR 67.71 1 100 And 5 50's. Oh and he made the biggest blunder in Indian ODI history. WC FINAL VS AUS 2003. This genius WINS the toss and ELECTS TO BOWL. That was the greatest blunder in Indian Odi history. Thank you says The Punter on his way to a brutally brilliant 140* Gangster gave Aus a WC

True but a test match IN india WHILE being the skipper. Guess he took skipper literally cuz he sure as hell skipped that Test. Gangster vs Aus in odi's 35 matches 33 Inn 0 n/o 774 runs @ 23.45. SR 67.71 1 100 And 5 50's. Oh and he made the biggest blunder in Indian ODI history. WC FINAL VS AUS 2003. This genius WINS the toss and ELECTS TO BOWL. That was the greatest blunder in Indian Odi history. Thank you says The Punter on his way to a brutally brilliant 140* Gangster gave Aus a WC
he's long gone .. mistakes do happen .. we have mourned enough after that loss.. dont bring the ghosts back..
U mad ganguly is a coward? He feined injury on the morning of a Test match.
Atleast he didn't do it minutes before the biggest World Cup QF of all time which led to a humiliating defeat' date=' an insulting send off for an oldie who was played in his 6th WC just to make a record and immense heart break for a 120 million people of a certain country. :winky:[/quote'] mashallah.jpg

Mr wicket you seem mad. Problems at home son?maybe i can help. End of the day akram WILL ALWAYS be greater than the gangerineguly. 1 player WON a WC in Australia - akram 1 player L0ST a WC AT THE TOSS - THE gangsterguly. Shame mr wicket still havin nightmares bout WC 2003 FINAL. It is okay mr wicket live in denial.deep down you know HE lost the 2003 WC FINAl.