Do I need prescription to buy contact lenses in US?

flamy

What do they need to verify. If you have a prescription that is not too old it should be fine. Tell them you're not paying for another eye test, if they want to do it for free then fine. I suppose getting it from India is the best, its soo much cheaper. I got them last time I was there, but I didn't really like them, I could always feel them on my eyes which was kinda irritating

Thats one of the main reasons why I opted for normal reading glasses instead. Not ideal but I am happy enough
Yeh its not ideal, especially when playing cricket. My older glasses were good, they would stay on my head and I can bowl with them, the new ones tend to fall off, so I have to take them off when I bowl, can barely see the stumps :((

Yeh its not ideal' date=' especially when playing cricket. My older glasses were good, they would stay on my head and I can bowl with them, the new ones tend to fall off, so I have to take them off when I bowl, can barely see the stumps :(([/quote'] Laser eye surgery is an option but that costs an arm and a leg. Even if i could afford it, I still wouldn't as I am not comfortable with the idea of high powered lasers used in eye surgery Are you short sighted ? Short Sighted = You can see short distances but objects at long distances appear blurred

Laser eye surgery is an option but that costs an arm and a leg. Even if i could afford it, I still wouldn't as I am not comfortable with the idea of high powered lasers used in eye surgery Are you short sighted ? Short Sighted = You can see short distances but objects at long distances appear blurred
Yep, my eye sight has deteriorated quite a bit over the last few years

Flamy, there are online sites you can order from as well. Why dont you just call the store and ask *headshake*

Yeh its not ideal' date=' especially when playing cricket. My older glasses were good, they would stay on my head and I can bowl with them, the new ones tend to fall off, so I have to take them off when I bowl, can barely see the stumps :(([/quote'] Just go tighten your glasses ... I think I could bowl 120+km/h with my glasses still intact

I considered getting contact lens' but opted against it. Don't they deprive the eyes of oxygen ? Opted for normal reading glasses with transition lenses instead
:hysterical::hysterical: Wtf ? Why do your eyes need oxygen ? Do they breathe ? Are you a frickin fish ? :rose:
Defined - Neovascularization is a condition of the cornea where blood vessels start to grow into the otherwise clear and translucent cornea. A common cause is anoxia - lack of oxygen from wearing contact lenses that do not breathe. It can affect as many as 50 percent of contact lens wearers after 20 years of wearing the old style of lenses. Switching to new high oxygen transmitting contact lenses is an important strategy for the treatment and prevention of Neovascularization Early Stages of Cornea Oxygen Deficiency Without enough oxygen, you might feel symptoms such as end-of day discomfort, irritation, dryness, and redness. Also known as corneal oxygen deficiency. In the long run, lack of oxygen may even cause complications. People who wear their contacts longer than the recommended wearing time are most at risk. O2 OPTIX™ is made with a revolutionary silicone hydrogel technology allowing 5 times more oxygen to reach the eye than the leading 2-week lens to help protect you from the signs and symptoms of corneal oxygen deficiency. Your eyes need oxygen to stay healthy and comfortable. But soft contact lenses create a barrier to the natural flow of oxygen between your eyes and the air around them. O2OPTIX provides the highest oxygen transmissibility of any 2-week soft contact lens, helping to keep eyes whiter, brighter and healthy-looking. It is the healthy choice for daily or occasional overnight wear.* Link: http://www.lensdesign.ca/optix.htm