Somali rebels give AK-47 to best young koran reciter

Sachinism

KISMAYU, Somalia, Oct 17 (Reuters) - The 17-year-old winner of a Koran recital and general knowledge competition organised by al Shabaab rebels in Southern Somalia got an AK-47 gun, two hand grenades, a computer and an anti-tank mine as prizes. The runner-up in the month-long competition aimed at 10-25 year olds, a 22-year-old, received an AK-47 and ammunition at the ceremony, where the rebels urged parents to allow children to learn how to handle weapons and fight against the enemy. Somalia's 18-year conflict now pits al Shabaab and Hizbul Islam rebels against the U.N.-backed government of President Sheikh Sharif Ahmed. The radical al Shabaab, seen by Washington as al Qaeda's proxy, controls most of Southern and Central Somalia and has also been targeting Somali children in neighbouring Kenya for radicalisation and recruitment to their ranks :|:|:| http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSLH480614

This is the world that we live in. We've become so jaded that things like these no longer shock us. In fact, it's become almost normal, expected if you will. Use the young and impressionable to further agendas they don't understand, fight wars they should not be a part of. I will never stop being amazed at just how "inhuman" the human race can be.

very unfortunate news....education is very important and it is the root cause of world problem....btw can u find some more articles like this one?
Its not just education my friend. According to these people, they are 'educating' their child about their religion (we can argue its wrong whatever they are teaching). Its more to do with upbringing and community one lives in.

In Delhi near my house' date=' they used to organise these counter strike tournaments in few cyber cafez where kids used to turn up in teams. I believe in places like these, they organize similar tournaments too but it's just that you can bring in your own weapons.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: