I miss the all conquering unbeatable aussies!

I genuinley miss the unbeatable all conquering aussies of last 15 years or so. When we used to play them I would enter these matches with such fear of them and fully expecting us to lose. That meant when we did actually beat them the elation was so great, it felt like winning the world cup. Now when we play them I actually expect us to win and dont feel that fear of them, victory now just does not feel the same! Point in case was 2001 series when the invincibles arrived. I could not see us winning and to be honest was in total fear and admiration of the all conquering kangaroos. But when we won, my god it was amazing and still toady will always remeber it and find it unbeliavlabe we won. The buzz of victory then was unparalleled In contrast the last series we played them in tests. I fully expected us to win and felt we were better. They just simply did not have that aura of invincibilty. We duly won 2-0 and of course was happy but it did not have that feeling of climbing mount everest as before and the unbeliable buzz of the amazing win. I am actually starting to miss the abusive words of Mcgrath and Warne. The hardness of Waugh and even the in your face and seemingly hatred towards us of macho men Symonds and Hayden! These new aussies are just to soft!

bahhh.. they jus won the CT... :fail:
By beating Pakistan closely, England and NZ. They were never tested properly. The CT format benefitted them. CT win doesn't show their growing strength. Only win in India would. I think they will with the momentum of CT and CL wins (NSW) should be pretty much pumped up. India is on the downslide fighting in bowling and lower confidence in batting and team composition. I think they might win big in India.

Yup. I said this before when people derided McGrath for being a bully, Warne for being too much of a showman and others like Waugh and Martyn for being too full of themselves. Some of them (not all, certainly) may be pr-cks and a-holes, guys with too big egos that showed on the playing field - but that was an AMAZING team. Absolutely f-cking amazing. Hayden, Langer, what an opening combination. One guy who could cut and pull a lot of attacks to shreds, another who could bully them down on the front foot and mow down many a bowling attack with clubs through mid on and over midwicket. Then that middle order, Ponting, Martyn, Waugh (and depending on the time, anyone from Lehmann to Waugh Jr.). Classy strokes, big hits, elegance and flair from Martyn and hard grit. Then Gilchrist at 7, and then such a brilliant bowling attack with McGrath's precision and genius, Warne being Warne and then some fantastic support in Gillespie. That was one of the truly GREAT teams, and those of us who watched cricket through those days and remember that side are very, very fortunate. Maybe we went through plenty of frustration at times waiting for a team to beat them, maybe we got upset over the sort of tactics they might use - but damnit, those men could play. And these days with a weak, middling Aussie side, an Indian team that seems to oscillate non-stop and a whole bunch of gimmicked teams thrown together for a circus being the major focuses... I would absolutely love to see a team like that who rather than getting sucked up by their own hype or only being good for hit and giggle cricket, could excel in batting, bowling and fielding and could rip damn near any team to shreds in damn near any environment. (And yeah, that was what made those series in 2001 and 2003-4 so special. The last Aussie tour didn't have anywhere near the excitement of the 03/04 series. When we realized that for the first time in ****ing ages - that we had an Indian team going to Australia and STANDING up to guys like Gillespie, Waugh and Hayden and matching them blow for blow - that was really amazing.)