Lensmen fight with Virat Kohli

Sachinism

NAGPUR: It turned out to be a wicked Wednesday for Virat Kohli. The Delhi middle-order batsman not only had to sit out of the second ODI after doing reasonably well in the first match at Vadodara but he also got involved in a fight with photographers at Jamtha just before the match started. After the toss, Kohli, Munaf Patel and Praveen Kumar were enjoying their own little game of cricket along with some local boys near the pavilion. When Kohli was knocking, one of his shots went through the hands of a fielder and almost hit the camera of one of the photographers who were sitting with their equipment behind the advertisement hoardings. As soon as the ball went past the lensmen, a concerned photographer shouted and asked Kohli to practice at some other place. When Kohli refused to pay attention, all the photographers started abusing both Kohli and Praveen Kumar, who was asking the mediamen to calm down. Stunned by the abuse, Kohli and Praveen too started using foul language at the lensmen. The situation became tense at one point when Kohli came within the handshaking distance of the lensmen as exchange of abuses continued. Just when the situation looked to be getting out of control, Praveen and some Vidarbha Cricket Association officials, including vice-president Rajeev Gokhale, rushed to Kohli and helped in cooling down the tempers. The incident certainly made the Delhi youngster furious as he thought he was doing nothing wrong in knocking the ball around with the local boys. On the other hand, the lensmen insisted that the cricketer had no business knocking near their expensive equipment. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/australia-in-india-2009/top-stories/Lensmen-fight-with-Virat-Kohli/articleshow/5174437.cms Check out the pics on their site -----

Players’ version The players have their own version of what transpired that afternoon. They admit that the photographers asked them to move from the place. But were quick to also point out that the photographers were throwing tantrums and using abusive language. The players further added that they did not have any other place to practice on the ground and so they continued to stay there. That’s when the players claimed that the photographers started abusing their families provoking them further. The players said they were forced to retaliate and defend themselves against the photographer.
http://www.timesnow.tv/Ugly-spat-before-the-2nd-ODI-in-Nagpur/articleshow/4330776.cms

Why do photographers and media people think they are Gods these days? The ground is for the crickters to play (or practice in this case) and who are these media ppl to tell the players that too Team India players to go and play somewhere else? I just cant believe they just said that and even had the guts to provoke a fight.. I wish Bajji was there.. he would taught them a nice lesson.. seriously man.. these media men are just jokers...

Whenever I hear of a fight between reporters and a star, I usually take the reporter to be at fault unless proved otherwise. Though in this case, I believe they should have stopped practicing when the reporters pointed out that there were expensive equipments around.
what are you talking DK? what if one of Yuvi's sixers lands on a camera lens? these are part and parcel of being a sports photographer.. they cant say where the players should play or practice.. if they are too concerned, then they should move away to a safer place..
Whenever I hear of a fight between reporters and a star, I usually take the reporter to be at fault unless proved otherwise. Though in this case, I believe they should have stopped practicing when the reporters pointed out that there were expensive equipments around.
but were the expensive equipments supposed to be so close to the boundary.they could very well be little far away from the boundary.why couldnt they move thier arses themselves?its them who were at fault
Read this a couple of days ago on MM' date=' the idiot lens man should never be allowed to enter a Cricket Ground ever again, [b']Ground mein nahi khelenge toh kay tere ghar pe khelege chu.
Egjactly :two_thumbs_up: this is not one of the freaking reality shows.. this is real cricket.. these bozos get free passes, get the best possible views and they have the nerve to ask Team India players to go play elsewhere.. :WTF:

From the pictures it is clear that PK, Virat were practicing/hitting the ball from OTHER side of the ground. Who the *** does that reporter think he is by asking our cricketers to not to play on the field ? I mean is this some galli, mohalla ? Ek se badkar se chewtiye bhare hain Indian media mein.

timesofindia?? sala uska lense todta to accha tha.. kohli and pk did the right thing.. our media is useless anyways.. this statement makes me laugh --- "On the other hand, the lensmen insisted that the cricketer had no business knocking near their expensive equipment." :cantstop: dhakkan to aaya kyun cricket ground pe

ground me bhi galat jagah par khelenge to cameramen gussa to honge hi na?:wall: They are doing their job after all. Every one seems to be getting furious against the camera man but these stupid cricketers wouldn't have been so rich if these cameramen didn't do their job in bringing the matches on TV! Practice should be done in the designated areas(nets) only not any where near the ground. especially when every one is getting ready for the match few hours in advance. This is stupid, kumar and kohli should be fined for this.

ground me bhi galat jagah par khelenge to cameramen gussa to honge hi na?:wall: They are doing their job after all. Every one seems to be getting furious against the camera man but these stupid cricketers wouldn't have been so rich if these cameramen didn't do their job in bringing the matches on TV! Practice should be done in the designated areas(nets) only not any where near the ground. especially when every one is getting ready for the match few hours in advance. This is stupid, kumar and kohli should be fined for this.
abey o bhai, lol @ the part where you mentioned players get famous because of these cameramen. Dude Kohli and Praveen were playing with little local kids who always practice near the boundary area. They are not allowed to play near the pitch. They will play offcours play near the boundary area.
abey o bhai, lol @ the part where you mentioned players get famous because of these cameramen. Dude Kohli and Praveen were playing with little local kids who always practice near the boundary area. They are not allowed to play near the pitch. They will play offcours play near the boundary area.
little local kids practice near the boundary area couple of hours before the game is just fun cricket. They probably just throw the ball around and may be hit the ball within 5-7 meters area. If a "real" international cricketer starts whacking the ball over the advertisement banners, its a whole different matter. If the cricketers are doing their job, the cameramen are doing theirs. If asked to not whack the ball near the expensive equipment when the camera person is setting up for the big event, one has to understand and go play some where else or play slowly. Stupid Kohli had to act all smart and create an issue... Name one famous person who never got help from cameramen (exclude billionaires) to get all the fame and glory. These cricketers sell their game and sell their ability to play better than others. People appreciate their skills and enjoy it for which they pay to get into the stands or pay to watch at home. Now the people who watch at home watch the picture which is coming through some cameraman's camera obviously. There are only two ways cricket can be watched legally and one way comes through cameramen. I considered you a smart member of ICF after reading some of your brilliant sense-making posts, now it may be changing though.
little local kids practice near the boundary area couple of hours before the game is just fun cricket. They probably just throw the ball around and may be hit the ball within 5-7 meters area. If a "real" international cricketer starts whacking the ball over the advertisement banners, its a whole different matter. If the cricketers are doing their job, the cameramen are doing theirs. If asked to not whack the ball near the expensive equipment when the camera person is setting up for the big event, one has to understand and go play some where else or play slowly. Stupid Kohli had to act all smart and create an issue... Name one famous person who never got help from cameramen (exclude billionaires) to get all the fame and glory. These cricketers sell their game and sell their ability to play better than others. People appreciate their skills and enjoy it for which they pay to get into the stands or pay to watch at home. Now the people who watch at home watch the picture which is coming through some cameraman's camera obviously. There are only two ways cricket can be watched legally and one way comes through cameramen. I considered you a smart member of ICF after reading some of your brilliant sense-making posts, now it may be changing though.
ha ha.. your point of view makes me :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The media people target uv, harby and kohli becoz they have this reputation of being short tempered (?) or have that kind of body language. I dont think the lensman would have shouted at raina or rp if they were in the same situation. I think if RP, Munaf or Irfan were in the same situation they would have just said sorry and moved away.

But what does that to do with this case :WTF: The players were playing with kids and I dont see anything wrong with that. Its a cricket ground. As stated earlier the cricketers hit fours and sixes and the cameramen save themselves there. Similar is the case here. I dont see any reason why the cameraman did not save the camera himself. Its his headache and not the cricketers headache. On the other hand, Kohli is still in his teens and so he might have also got angrier sooner than a senior player would have done. But the cameraman should not have used abusive language too. It was the mistake of the cameraman but both the parties should have responded in a more matured manner.