Langar - Guru Nanak Jayanti

Rajiv

The Kadi Chawal served at Langars were so awesome. They used to have massive langars opposite my building in Mumbai ( 80's ). It was basically a cricket ground so had enough space. It was a fun atmosphere, after eating we used to play night cricket with the little empty space we had There is a gurdwara 5 mins from my place too but its not the same it used to be in India But the food served were so awesome, I think there was dessert too but cant remember what it was

Awesome is the right word. In my college days we would visit the Patna Sahib(birth place of Guru Gobind Singh) and enjoyed this immensly. There was also a sharbat which was absolutely fantastic, and whose name I forget. Question to Sikh posters - Is the food in the gurudwaras generally this good or do they put something special on Guru Nayak Jayanti?

The food is awesome but even more great is the passion with which the people serve it. I also like the meethi paani served at all places during the summer season. I have also never missed drinking the water at the Gurudwara at Chandni Chowk whenever I pass through that road. The passion with which they serve and feed others is really awesome and that makes it even better.

Awesome is the right word. In my college days we would visit the Patna Sahib(birth place of Guru Gobind Singh) and enjoyed this immensly. There was also a sharbat which was absolutely fantastic, and whose name I forget. Question to Sikh posters - Is the food in the gurudwaras generally this good or do they put something special on Guru Nayak Jayanti?
Well I wouldn't say always but they do prepare more stuff on special occasions like diwali etc. There's no better feelings than serving the food to other people though and its funnnnn

chhabeel

Yes' date=' I've done 'Langar di sewa' and it is such a nice feeling to serve food to other people.[/quote'] Absolutely, but I was serving hot roti's at the end of it my fingers were literally purple, I kid you not. But we had great fun helping out in making the food :two_thumbs_up: