Why?

Gambit

Why does history always repeat itself? Why is he always the boy on the burning deck? Why does everyone else bat like a retard when he bats like a god? Why will another gem go to waste?
Story of his life... There are just so many innings that its hard to digest. His 141 against Pak and desert storm being prime example.
Why does history always repeat itself? Why is he always the boy on the burning deck? Why does everyone else bat like a retard when he bats like a god? Why will another gem go to waste?
One possible answer I can guess is that when he bats in that zone, he makes batting look so extraordinarily majestic that others either lose their nerve or they try to raise their game and fall short. It's not easy to exist on the same plane where Sachin Tendulkar bats.

He was the ONLY one who could have played an innings that would have allowed us to even dream that we could chase down 350. Perhaps saurav, but no one else in Indian ODI cricket history. All someone like Yuvraj or MSD had to do today was HANG AROUND

One possible answer I can guess is that when he bats in that zone' date=' he makes batting look so extraordinarily majestic that others either lose their nerve or they try to raise their game and fall short. It's not easy to exist on the same plane where Sachin Tendulkar bats.[/quote'] But, it's a flat batting pitch today
One possible answer I can guess is that when he bats in that zone' date=' he makes batting look so extraordinarily majestic that others either lose their nerve or they try to raise their game and fall short. It's not easy to exist on the same plane where Sachin Tendulkar bats.[/quote'] Or it could be lack of anchor support?
^Chasing 350 though' date=' the kind of pressure that brings- the need to whack every ball.[/quote']
The brilliance of this batting is the classical and orthodox strokeplay. How many players can play at a SR of 125 chasing 350 without slogging?
^ what he said... all very well Yuvraj and MSD gorging themselves when batting first but chasing super massive totals?
One possible answer I can guess is that when he bats in that zone' date=' he makes batting look so extraordinarily majestic that others either lose their nerve or they try to raise their game and fall short. It's not easy to exist on the same plane where Sachin Tendulkar bats.[/quote'] Bang On...