What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

I started The rise and Fall of Third reich by William Schirrer a long time ago. Havent completed it yet.
Its a brilliant book. I also took a looong time to read it. I've been planning to read the Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire for 2-3 years but every time I open the 1st page of the 1st book in the series, it feels like I'm going to sleep any moment :phehehe:

Its a brilliant book. I also took a looong time to read it. I've been planning to read the Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire for 2-3 years but every time I open the 1st page of the 1st book in the series, it feels like I'm going to sleep any moment :phehehe:
Its great but biased against Hitler. For all of Hitler's evil, I still prefer an objective view of History.

Its great but biased against Hitler. For all of Hitler's evil' date=' I still prefer an objective view of History.[/quote'] well, there are not many books on WW2 which are completely unbiased. You can go for "A World at Arms by By Gerhard Weinberg" - its a very good book.

A book called "Hitler" is by far one of the most unbiased books on Hitler I have read. I don't know the original author. It talks a lot about his child hood which shaped him.
Ian Kershaw is the author IIRC. I've read that book and IMO its one of the best biographies ever.

Just checked his age.. he is just 1975 born! isn't he too young to write an auto-biography!
he retired a few months ago and most sports persons write an autobiography immediately after retirement because usually its only for a few months/years after retirement that the public is really interested in them.