After missing out in the ODIs a chance to become number 1 in Tests

Not happening. Despite all the ammo I am not convinced at our approach once we take the lead in test series (obviously there is an IF, when it comes to taking the lead). It happened under RD in Eng and MSD in NZ. We ought to prepare seamers track if we are to win this series convincingly. Preparing square-turners would just go the SL way and they might end their Indian jinx. Sehwag GG RD SRT VVS MSD Bhajji Zak Mishra Sree Ishant No need to go in with 7 batsman (i.e. including UV) to sacrifice one genuine bowler's slot. 6 batsman + bhajji + 4 tailenders is a long enough batting line up in tests and playing with 7 batsmen would only mean that India would be content with drawn matches. Have attacking approach and attack SL's wounds by preparing seamers tracks. I have made a claim in the past that Indians can handle Kulu, Thusara better than Pak and I hope our team won't let me down.

Not happening. Despite all the ammo I am not convinced at our approach once we take the lead in test series (obviously there is an IF, when it comes to taking the lead). It happened under RD in Eng and MSD in NZ. We ought to prepare seamers track if we are to win this series convincingly. Preparing square-turners would just go the SL way and they might end their Indian jinx. Sehwag GG RD SRT VVS MSD Bhajji Zak Mishra Sree Ishant No need to go in with 7 batsman (i.e. including UV) to sacrifice one genuine bowler's slot. 6 batsman + bhajji + 4 tailenders is a long enough batting line up in tests and playing with 7 batsmen would only mean that India would be content with drawn matches. Have attacking approach and attack SL's wounds by preparing seamers tracks. I have made a claim in the past that Indians can handle Kulu, Thusara better than Pak and I hope our team won't let me down.
5 bowlers are never required in tests. That said I agree we need to prepare seaming wickets. I'd say we need bouncy tracks not seaming tracks. Spinning pitches might end the careers of a few guys.
There is no need to go in with 5 bowlers - it has never worked for India. Harbhajan batting at number 7 gives me the shudders. I think we are a superior side to Sri Lanka and should be able to beat them on most sporting wickets like the ones we had against Australia and England last season. Moreover, preparing green tops in India is a really dumb exercise. The grass dries out after a couple of sessions and after that the wicket becomes an absolute patta with no chance of breaking up later in the game signaling either a disaster for the team batting first or a dull draw.
Don't know if we'll do it this time around after the dismal ODI performance vs Australia. But we'll have some fresh players, hopefully that can give us a boost. Lets hope Mishra is also played
Mishra will definitely play. I don't think there is any room for discussion about our starting line up in Tests. It's well settled and the only variable is whether Mishra or the third seamer plays which depends completely on whether we are playing away or at home.
Don't know if we'll do it this time around after the dismal ODI performance vs Australia. But we'll have some fresh players, hopefully that can give us a boost. Lets hope Mishra is also played
I would go for Ojha instead. I find Ojha an overall better bowler than Mishra and takes more wickets. I hope Ojha is given chance.
There is no need to go in with 5 bowlers - it has never worked for India. Harbhajan batting at number 7 gives me the shudders. I think we are a superior side to Sri Lanka and should be able to beat them on most sporting wickets like the ones we had against Australia and England last season. Moreover, preparing green tops in India is a really dumb exercise. The grass dries out after a couple of sessions and after that the wicket becomes an absolute patta with no chance of breaking up later in the game signaling either a disaster for the team batting first or a dull draw.
Agreed, plus BB, You are suggesting to make a seaming track, take the extra bowler and the extra bowler is a spinner (Mishra) :hatsoff: :finger: Get Yuvi in, he and Viru will bowl in case there is spin later, but yes go with 7 batsmen, pile on the runs and put pressure on the opposition.