Vegetarianism, the mantra to overcome climate change challenges

DeXteR

I'm vegetarian' date=' have been my whole life but not because I'm trying to prevent climate change hah. Have absolutely nothing against anyone who isn't vegetarian, it's completely down to personal choice and frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of all these new methods to combat climate change which in my opinion is out of our hands on the whole.[/quote'] i recently received a lot of money for being a good boy so i ll try to keep this civil, if you think there is nothing we can do to combat climate change, you sir are a fool. a huge fool. possibly a tool too.

i use public transport three days a week, and have been a vegetarian for the past 12 years. replaced all the light bulbs in my home some two years ago, installed a programmable thermostat, and switched the utility to a wind power company. one inch at a time, and the objective can be achieved. cheers and thank you to all those here doing their part!

i use public transport three days a week, and have been a vegetarian for the past 12 years. replaced all the light bulbs in my home some two years ago, installed a programmable thermostat, and switched the utility to a wind power company. one inch at a time, and the objective can be achieved. cheers and thank you to all those here doing their part!
:isalute: i fart lesser.

I am consuming meat, wherein the animals would have consumed the oxygen otherwise and in turn eating less veggie, so these plants can give out more oxygen. In this way I am ensuring there is more oxygen on this planet. hmmm...I too fart less. :isalute:

I am a hardcore non-veg (every other meal has meat) but I still don't buy that crap theory. It maybe one of the lesser reasons but it has more to do with our lifestyle/focus. Can you explain what our neighbors have accomplished in athletics ? The whole subcontinent as a whole suffers from a non-sporting culture, and not eating meat is a minor factor for India's lack of success in the field.
why are we always comparing always with the pakis?they are inconsequential.we need to compare ourselves to china and there are no vegetatians there.the lack of balance in the vegetarian diet is the problem.

why are we always comparing always with the pakis?they are inconsequential.we need to compare ourselves to china and there are no vegetatians there.the lack of balance in the vegetarian diet is the problem.
Maybe its the consumption of cats. Actually have you see how they trained the kids in China to be athletes for the Olympics. Its quite disturbing footage and could be called child abuse. I'll look for the video

actually thats quite correct! while a number of indians are vegetarians, the typical indian diet is quite low in protein and often high in cholestrol and saturated fats. i have seen my gujurati friend cook and the eating habits of his entire family are horrific! we need greater awareness with respect to a well balanced diet, especially since protein is often missing from the typical indian meal.

actually thats quite correct! while a number of indians are vegetarians, the typical indian diet is quite low in protein and often high in cholestrol and saturated fats. i have seen my gujurati friend cook and the eating habits of his entire family are horrific! we need greater awareness with respect to a well balanced diet, especially since protein is often missing from the typical indian meal.
It's gone missing because a lot of the traditional ways of cooking and eating have phased out. It's quite easy to get the recommended 40-60 grams of protein(depending on your activity level) from an Indian vegetarian diet. Have whole wheat rotis instead of Naan, have unpolished rice, drink some milk, have some egg whites, have chickpeas, black chana, kidney beans etc. and you can easily get the protein requirement. I am a non vegetarian, but to say a vegetarian diet does not give you enough options to fill up all your daily requirements is utter nonsense.

Here is a sample of things which can easily fill your protein requirements : 1. 3 Whole wheat rotis - 10 gm protein 2. 2 egg whites - 25 gm protein 3. 1 cup milk - 15 gm protein 4. 1 serving unpolished rice - 6 gm protein 5. 1 serving beans/chana etc. - 10 gm protein How much more protein does Mr. Cowboy want?

Here is a sample of things which can easily fill your protein requirements : 1. 3 Whole wheat rotis - 10 gm protein 2. 2 egg whites - 25 gm protein 3. 1 cup milk - 15 gm protein 4. 1 serving unpolished rice - 6 gm protein 5. 1 serving beans/chana etc. - 10 gm protein How much more protein does Mr. Cowboy want?
Is unpolished rice and brown rice the same?

i recently received a lot of money for being a good boy so i ll try to keep this civil' date=' if you think there is nothing we can do to combat climate change, you sir are a fool. a huge fool. possibly a tool too.[/quote'] Thank goodness I'm not a "fool. a huge fool. possibly a tool too" then in your opinion because I didn't say that and neither do I think that. I think we can make a change, and believe me I'm ridiculously eco-friendly (almost to laughable standards at times), but no I do not believe we can "save the world" as some would have you believe that's why I said it's "out of our hands on the whole" and I am tired of these scare tactics in the media where they come up with new methods weekly. So there definitely isn't nothing we can do, we can all make a difference that can have an impact on climate change but in my opinion, that is only to a certain extent. Maybe you should read something properly before you start making assumptions and throwing insults around.