Coverntry University - Any good ?

Zap_Brannigan

It ranked 75th by Times in the UK. :hehe: But you might need to dig deeper to see how good the particular department is.
75 in UK is pretty bad. I thought it was some kinda scam university like Phoenix university. There are a lot of people from UK here, so was hoping to get to know some information about it.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php As PK says im not sure it is particularly good, its 71st on that list above and there are some less than good Unis ABOVE it. Best thing to do Zap is look at the particular course, and type into the subject box in that link and see where it fits there...of course the Uni isnt the be all and end all, degree reult etc matters. I studied in a cr@ppy uni but got a decent grade. In case youre wondering- if this person got a 2:1 or a 1st class honours in his/her degree (as a result/grade i.e) - thats good/very good. Less than (a 2:2 or a 3rd) that isnt so hot.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php In case youre wondering- if this person got a 2:1 or a 1st class honours in his/her degree (as a result/grade i.e) - thats good/very good. Less than (a 2:2 or a 3rd) that isnt so hot.
That's very helpful. 2:1 is something similar to 3.5/4 GPA correct? I don't think education is the be all and end all of hiring process. I am just wary of lies/over exaggeration in resumes. For some reason i thought Coventry was one of those pay-money to get degree kinda university.

Please be careful what you say if you don't have any first hand knowledge of the university. It all depends on the degree you are studying for. Coventry is No.1 in UK for Industrial transport design degree. The other one of similar quality is Royal collage of Art but they do only Masters.

Coventry design graduates are behind some of the cars, bikes and yachts that you all lust after. Jaguar, Ford, Ducati you name it. All major design studios have Coventry design graduates working in them. So the Uni is No.1 in UK for at least Industrial Transport design :finger: Everything else....who cares? If you don't know which Uni is good for your relevant degree then you don't deserve to get a degree LOL

LOL! Coventry is pretty ticked at people not knowing whether his/her University even exists. :D
I work for Nissan and get $$$s so hardly ticked. I am on holiday surfing and sipping on Gin, saw this thread and had to register. In my field everyone knows Coventry Uni :finger: It is my city and my degree :weights: City used to be rough though. Ghost Town by The Specials was written for Coventry :hysterical: The city was also completely flattened during the war by the Germans. It used to be heart of British Auto industry.

I work for Nissan and get $$ so hardly ticked. I am on holiday surfing and sipping on Gin, saw this thread and had to register. In my field everyone knows Coventry Uni :finger: It is my city and my degree :weights: City used to be rough though. Ghost Town by The Specials was written for Coventry :hysterical: The city was also completely flattened during the war by the Germans. It used to be heart of British Auto industry.
Is your degree recognised outside Coventry?

Is your degree recognised outside Coventry?
What do you mean? Off course it is. If it was not how would graduates work in auto design studios all over the world? Anyway portfolio counts for more than the piece of paper called degree when it comes to design jobs.