Younis Khan captaincy saga

Asim

This is getting a bit too ridiculous. I have a lot of respect for Younis Khan but have never come across another player that gives up the captaincy as quickly as Younis does. Don't reckon he has much respect for captaincy role. In that case why even bother captaining? I guess Younis needs to understand it is an honour to captain one's country. I feel he gives in far too quickly. PCB should move on and appoint someone that is not going to relinquish captaincy this frequently. On a brighter note, Younis missing out on NZ tour only means good news for NZ. Younis’ batting is something Pakistan will miss out. Shoaib Malik, Afridi are dime a dozen but not Younis Khan. With the new ICL/IPL dilemma captain at the helm get ready for yet another roller coaster ride from Pakistan cricket team. I’ve been asking over couple of decades now, why is it that Pakistan cricket never quite settles down?

I think apart from Ganguly other senior players kept everything to themselves. Even Ganguly would not deride them openly. Probably occasional veiled remark. That's it. Tendulkar' date=' Dravid, Laxman. India was fortunate that way. No ego clash. Even among youngsters Yuvraj didn't really have any grudge against Dhoni. I very much doubt Sehwag has grudge as well. Even if there is any you won't find them giving irresponsible interviews like Razzaq, Afridi, Moyo were giving.[/quote'] Apart from the dressing room saga of Sidhu and the Gavaskar-Kapil Dev squibble, nobody in Indian cricket has ever fought in public like padosis. Even in the 90s, when Azhar was made captain over Ravi Shastri and other contenders, they kept it civil.

Not a day goes by without something turbulent happening in Pakistan cricket. Fans are really getting tired of Yonus flip-flop behavior. Regardless of some seniors showing dissent and troubles, Yonus should be tough enough to face and solve such problem. In the end that's all part of his job to solve differences as a leader and if he can't then he shouldn't simply lead. I personally wouldn't like to see him leading anymore. His form has also taken a massive dip so a long break with some domestic cricket will hopefully help him. And good luck to Mohd. Yosuf!

All this to bring Afridi in the test side... now I am waiting for afridi to say "The team needs me " and then selectors picking him and making him the skipper as Mofo is too old. BTW at some level i feel sad for YK , he was an honest & open captain. The PCB has messed everything up.
Afridi no doubt got very impressive Test figures. Afridi and in-form Yonus in Test are a big plus for Pakistan. Yonus with being honest is also a too much of a drama. Just hoping they all can solve their differences. Time will hopefully heal everything and Yonus taking a break couldn't have been at a better time.
Afridi no doubt got very impressive Test figures. Afridi and in-form Yonus in Test are a big plus for Pakistan. Yonus with being honest is also a too much of a drama. Just hoping they all can solve their differences. Time will hopefully heal everything and Yonus taking a break couldn't have been at a better time.
Afridi is eager to take this paki team to another level. He is motivated , has a safe place (at least in ODIs and T20s) and IMO he should be in the test team as well. He is not the best player ever but in the current pak squad he can be easily included. I think he will make a better kaptaan than YK or Yoyo
It is all because of the legacy Imran Khan left, he was probably the best captain the subcontinent ever saw let alone Pakistan. Younis tried to emulate Imran Khan in every way, but unfortunately he just didn't have the character or personna to do it. Younis I'm afraid is a coward, I hate to say it, but captains lead from the front, not from back home resting with family. If he was out of form, then he should have resigned so he can be dropped from the team altogether.
I agree with you. Yunis wanted to be like Imran and he wanted it all on a platter. He demanded respect like Imran got forgetting that Imran commanded the respect. No one just gets respect by asking for it. Yunis even many times compared himself with Imran quite openly.
Good idea' date=' my Guess Kamran Akmal[/quote'] My guess: Next change: Kamran Akmal (who will promptly drop the captaincy and then smile, YoYo might migrate to some rebel league after getting fired.) Next: Misbah Ul-haq- he will do a great job in every match but miss by a few runs. Then he will miss captaincy as well. Next: Afridi- Half the team will be injured in dressing room spats, the other half will be ordered to hit sixes and the team will get out for less than 10 but with 200% SR. Eventually the existing half will be banned for pitch dancing. Afridi's dream run of 200% SR captaincy will come to an end. Next: Salman Butt- A team led by a butt?? Ijaz butt will soon fire him. There can be only one butt messing around in PCB at the same time. No sh!t.

The problem lies in PCB. This is not the first time YK has shown reluctance in captaining Pakistan. PCB for some reason does not have balls to pick a rookie (in terms of less exposure to int'l cricket than their seniors) as a captain. Their mantra of making someone a captain is simple (insert retarded), that is, anyone who has 10 years under his belt is automatic captaincy material. This can be seen when they chose MoYo a captain without considering the fact that this man will leave not only the captaincy but the team if some league is willing to dole out cash to him. Pakistan's batting test batting order is so brittle and is asking to be rolled out.

The problem isnt the PCB but the players. They think its disrespectful if their Captain is younger than them. Its all about respect : Mofo left due to respect , YK whines about respect , Chakthar talks about respect. I dont know what respect they talk about but they do mention respect every now and then. In the end I must say these players dont have any self-respect