Will Dhoni survive an Emerald disaster?

we are number one odi team under dhoni's captaincy and he is captain of world XI teams .. he is doing fine although i feel he is not doing a lot of multitasking .. he needs to rest than playing IPLs at least .. oh wait he is also a captain in IPL .. tough ..

Im not sure theres ANY realistic option to take over from him, that kinda works in his favour Who's the VC? Yuvraj? Sehwag? Both have very limited captaincy experience and im certain Sehwag dosent even want to captain, will not be good for his batting. I think Laxman could make a good test skipper, he was Vice for a little while, should have left it with him. But I think the selectors will go for a younger option Meaning Gambhir maybe? He has captained Delhi, and Sehwag was singing his praises as future captain. So its an option In any case I do think even if Ind lose both Series he wont be sacked, a lot of stick will come their way. He wont be sacked. BTW Lord, why do you say it will be good for him? He's a good captain, and really no one else to do a better job
Ofcourse hes a good captain n is doing a fine job,but hes a wicketkeeper batsman too.doing in ODI s is ok.but doing it for 5 days is too much to handle even for the fittest.i believe he'll be better off without the burden of leading our test team. i think Sehwag is a good option.he may look a carefree guy from outside,but hes a street smart cricketer.n he hasnt ruled himself out of captaincy.he said he doesnt wanna be VC as he needs no grooming n t;ll be better off grooming somelike GG for captaincy.i remember him saying that if offered captaincy,he will be more than happy to take it as leading his country is every cricketer's dream

No. Dhoni will not lose captaincy even if we lose both series. It will be considered as a bad patch, a few things will be learned and hopefully the management will go back to the drawing board and reshuffle some players. See things might get a little complicated if Dhoni shows poor form in both series...but the axe will not fall. More importantly, we might need to really improve our bench strength but you just cannot afford to sack Dhoni in the next couple years till 2011. Think about it...who is the other option? All the other seniors have been through captaincy and Dhoni is the only one who has shown mettle. Leadership skills gain maturity over a period of 3-4 years of time. Hire and fire will not work in the long run.

Remember Austrialia also had a very bad run not long ago and turned it round to be the best again... They lost the CB series to us, the test matches in india, the tests against south africa, early exit world T20 and england tests too. They have had a mega turnaround since beating england 6-1 in that one day series. Our loss to them was a little unlucky as at least 3 of the games we 'should have won' hopefully we have learn't from that...(i think the Aussies must have felt the same way losing those tests to England, as it so could have gone the other way..) (also Yuvi and Sehwag have only just come back after some time away, i am sure they will be back to their best against Lanka). Lets hope India can do the same and have a good run from now on...

Dhoni is really good captain and a good leader. Probably one of the best India has had. I think he will do well and guide the Indian team to another Test Series win at home. Even if India lose, I still think Dhoni should remain captain. Because if he doesn't, then who will be captain?

Dhoni is really good captain and a good leader. Probably one of the best India has had. I think he will do well and guide the Indian team to another Test Series win at home. Even if India lose' date=' I still think Dhoni should remain captain. Because if he doesn't, then who will be captain?[/quote'] That's one intelligent comment. Didn't expect that when I first saw the Avtar though. :hmmm:
a 100 in the ODI series , now a 100 here. Irrespective of the series results, these two knocks must have settled any debate about dhoni's future as a captain.
Dhoni is performing allrite wid his bat!! Its the other players..and his few decisions dat are worrying!!
Whatever happens, Kris Srikkanth won't sack Dhoni because it will hurt his state's IPL team :winky: :csk:
Southie politics.:protest:
Dhoni haters get out of the way...! its your famous maestro who slipped out an easy win with filthy loft stroke against oz's! :cantstop: Dont worry Dhoni will be savior of the team! :csk: