Predict the result - 1st test

Predict the result - 1st test  

1. 1.

It totally depends on how Sehwag approaches the 2nd innings. India has to believe that we can win this test match (let aside saving it!). We have been done by the negative approach on many occasions and have ended up collapsing very badly. If our openers can see through fresh spell of 20-25 overs, then they will be laying a platform where our batsmen have to pull a "Mahela" and stay on the crease no matter what. Ishant Sharma and Zak were really bowling their best but their hard work was undone by docile track. Ishant is totally different bowler with the red ball, isn't he ? He was sharp and very agile in his spells yesterday and deserved a wicket or two along with Zak. I will go against the odds and say India will not lose this one :isalute:.

It totally depends on how Sehwag approaches the 2nd innings. India has to believe that we can win this test match (let aside saving it!).
sehwag will be aggressive. he does not know any other way and will need some luck also. whether he pulls off a big score or not will depend on if he can have some luck till he gets to 50, then he can go on. but the rest really have to repeat NZ batting with additional issue that there is class spinner MM to contend with!
sehwag will be aggressive. he does not know any other way and will need some luck also. whether he pulls off a big score or not will depend on if he can have some luck till he gets to 50, then he can go on. but the rest really have to repeat NZ batting with additional issue that there is class spinner MM to contend with!
Finey take a deep breath and calm down. We are not losing this :isalute: P.S: How are things holding out for ya ?
Yea right, pick an isolated incident to take pot-shots and pass sweeping judgments. How about this for another example - http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/engine/match/386496.html Facing a deficit of more than 300, with nearly 7 sessions to go, we batted nearly 2 days for the loss of just 4 wickets.
That is exactly what you did about the 90s team. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63745.html Last 5 wkts scoring 200 runs and saving a test abroad. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63827.html Last 3 wkts scoring more than 200 runs and saving a test abroad.
ONE common hero in all three of those tests boys THATS RIGHT.... THE WALL (...Homo colour :rose:...) IN DRAV WE BELIEAV
That is exactly what you did about the 90s team. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63745.html Last 5 wkts scoring 200 runs and saving a test abroad. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63827.html Last 3 wkts scoring more than 200 runs and saving a test abroad.
First of all, how desperate must you be, to highlight 1st innings batting efforts to shore up your case, when we’re clearly talking about the 2nd innings. And dude, Seriously, you're not going to defend the test record of the team in the 90s versus our record in the last 7-8 years are you? Please, please tell me a resounding NO! :haha: Normally, I would not have even bothered to indulge in this argument but I found your defence of our test team of the 90s so ridiculous that I thought I’d dig up some numbers just for fun. So here we go; For starters, here’s our test record in this decade; Between Jan 1 2000 and present, we have played 101 test matches, winning 38 of them. And you know whats the best part? 19 of those wins, which is an incredibly impressive 50% of all our wins in this decade, have come abroad. That includes test match series wins in England, West Indies, New Zealand and Zimbabwe and historic test victories in both South Africa and Australia. And just for the laughs, here’s the record of your beloved team of the 90s; In the period between Jan 1 1990 and Dec 31 1999, we played 67 tests and won just 18 of them. And guess how many of those wins came abroad? Any ball park number? 6? 7? 9? Hell no. We had a sum total of ONE, yes a SINGLE test win abroad to show, for the entire decade of the 90s. And even that one, came in Lanka. And it gets better too. Forget test series wins, we did not win a single test, yes a SINGLE test for that cumulative period of TEN years, in Australia, West Indies, England, South Africa and even Zimbabwe put together. And you’re actually bigging up this team over the current team? I find this incredibly baffling, to put it mildly.
First of all, how desperate must you be, to highlight 1st innings batting efforts to shore up your case, when we’re clearly talking about the 2nd innings. And dude, Seriously, you're not going to defend the test record of the team in the 90s versus our record in the last 7-8 years are you? Please, please tell me a resounding NO! :haha: Normally, I would not have even bothered to indulge in this argument but I found your defence of our test team of the 90s so ridiculous that I thought I’d dig up some numbers just for fun. So here we go; For starters, here’s our test record in this decade; Between Jan 1 2000 and present, we have played 101 test matches, winning 38 of them. And you know whats the best part? 19 of those wins, which is an incredibly impressive 50% of all our wins in this decade, have come abroad. That includes test match series wins in England, West Indies, New Zealand and Zimbabwe and historic test victories in both South Africa and Australia. And just for the laughs, here’s the record of your beloved team of the 90s; In the period between Jan 1 1990 and Dec 31 1999, we played 67 tests and won just 18 of them. And guess how many of those wins came abroad? Any ball park number? 6? 7? 9? Hell no. We had a sum total of ONE, yes a SINGLE test win abroad to show, for the entire decade of the 90s. And even that one, came in Lanka. And it gets better too. Forget test series wins, we did not win a single test, yes a SINGLE test for that cumulative period of TEN years, in Australia, West Indies, England, South Africa and even Zimbabwe put together. And you’re actually bigging up this team over the current team? I find this incredibly baffling, to put it mildly.
Great post. Not to diminish the team of the 90's but the Indian team of the past 8 years is a different breed, much of it's success on tours due to some magnificient bowlers who seem to come and ago but make vital contributions none the less.
And you’re actually bigging up this team over the current team? I find this incredibly baffling, to put it mildly.
I was trying (hard) to pick efforts that showed even the earlier teams had spunk. Anyway, I have a very weak case to begin with (stats). I think the teams were almost the same (batting is definitelty weaker), but bowling stronger. But the opposition India faced were definitely much stronger than now. The bowlers we faced were of much higher quality than in now. Obviously, we win more, but I don't think they are mentally miuch stronger. After 2 years of good results, this team seems to be on the downslide.
I was trying (hard) to pick efforts that showed even the earlier teams had spunk. Anyway' date=' I have a very weak case to begin with (stats). I think the teams were almost the same (batting is definitelty weaker), but bowling stronger. But the opposition India faced were definitely much stronger than now. The bowlers we faced were of much higher quality than in now. Obviously, we win more, but I don't think they are mentally miuch stronger. After 2 years of good results, this team seems to be on the downslide.[/quote'] On a down slide? Based on what? 4 days of test cricket against Sri Lanka? :hysterical: Dude, don't be a drama queen.