A repeat from this guy is key if India needs to draw....

fineleg

Wait - if you thought Fineleg so Dravid...No it is not repeat from Rahul Dravid that I'm talking about, but I'm talking about repeat of NZ from... gambhir3.jpgThe way he held the innings together in NZ is fantastic, and he is our best player of spin and will be crucial against SL. I am a bit worried that he is in ODI mode - but wake up GG, no more cute poking outside off, and trying cheeky shots - get into the Test mode, show the solid technique and temperament we saw in NZ and we can do it in Ahmedabad on Day 4 and 5. :isalute: Ofcourse it will also depend on rest of the batsmen, but IMO - Gambhir is key and if he can string a 150+ or something, the rest of the batting can rally around him.
What say? Cmon' lets get a good start in Test-1 with a nice fightback.
He has been rusty in the recent times and I am hoping he hasn't left his purple patch behind. We need this guy to tackle Murali and Herath-angez (:hehe:).
What does herat angez mean? My guess is something like surprising or astonishing. :hmmm:
Yea' date=' but there's more to it than that! If I am not wrong I guess its an Urdu word? :winky:[/quote'] funny-pictures-cats-dont-get-it.jpg :dontknow:
its not a one man job; so lets not single out one person as key. Gambhir scoring a big 100 and others scoring in single digits wont help our cause. Every single batsman has to contribute if we want to come out with a draw
I didnt ignore the fact that others cannot score in single digits... I posted
Ofcourse it will also depend on rest of the batsmen' date= but IMO - Gambhir is key and if he can string a 150+ or something, the rest of the batting can rally around him
1. An opener batting for a long time is crucial in this situation. Losing two openers quickly will be a blow, and based on the temperament of Sehwag vs GG, I'm hoping GG will show the resolve to stay and battle out a big score. (If Sehwag clicks, then double happy, but he will be hit-and-miss). 2. GG is a very good player of spin with quick footwork - the chief weapon that SL will use on day-4 and 5. So, all the more important he survives the new ball and bats long. But you are right we need centuries from 3 top order batsmen and the rest need to do their part too.