Fox News again...

fineleg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts988 For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error." Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book,'' adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning." However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video." On Thursday afternoon, Fox News issued an on-air apology delivered by host Jane Skinner... The current mishap comes on the heels of a controversy sparked last week when footage from a conservative rally held over the summer was played on "Hannity" during a segment on a more recent rally. During the clip, host Sean Hannity marveled over the large turnout for a Washington, DC protest. The Daily Show later pointed out that there seemed to be some inconsistencies with the video shown on Hannity's show, namely that the atmospheric conditions seemed to vary from shot to shot. Hannity later apologized on the air for what he called "an inadvertent mistake." http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20091111/ts_ynews/ynews_ts977

I am so so tempted to change the thread title to 'Fox Entertainment again..' Its no secret really. They're quite literally, the propanganda machine of the GoP. The nonsense they pedal in the name of 'Fair and Balanced' news reporting is an utter shame but hey, as long as they rake in the ratings, who cares!

NPR had a feature on the book-signing, and said the woman drew huge crowds too. They even interviewed a 28-yo Obama supporter who said she came away impressed with Palin. While I don't buy the "production error" excuse from FoxNews, I have to trust NPR when they reported huge crowds and people standing in line for 12 hours to get their book signed. Don't I? After all, it is NPR.

I am so so tempted to change the thread title to 'Fox Entertainment again..' Its no secret really. They're quite literally, the propanganda machine of the GoP. The nonsense they pedal in the name of 'Fair and Balanced' news reporting is an utter shame but hey, as long as they rake in the ratings, who cares!
Looks like you're a masochist. I don't watch any news except for Jim Lehrer. Why watch and then get all riled up? I used to feel the same way about MSNBC and Fox, and just stopped watching.

i think its a case of bad publicity is better than no publicity!! it wouldnt be the 1st time news channels mess up just to be in the limelight!!
Why would a news channel like Fox news want bad publicity? It already enjoys large viewership. The last thing it would want is bad publicity.:dontknow:

The other end of the spectrum? MSNBC apologizes for falsifying Palin pictures. Amazing what these news networks will do to increase viewership.

MSNBC anchor Dylan Ratigan apologized this morning for using fake photos of Sarah Palin last Friday in a segment about the former Alaska governor, and for not acknowledging their inauthenticity. The pictures, which were widely circulated during last year's presidential campaign, show Palin's head photoshopped onto other women's bodies. In one, "Palin" is wearing an American flag bikini and holding a rifle; in the other, the faux Palin is wearing a tight black miniskirt. "I want to apologize to Gov. Palin and all our viewers. On Friday, in a very misguided attempt to have some fun in advance of Palin's upcoming book, Going Rogue, our staff mistakenly used some clearly photoshopped images of Ms. Palin without any acknowledgment, and on behalf of the show I would like to say that this was completely unacceptable. We should have never used those photos in the first place," Ratigan said today. "I apologize." He also said the staff has taken "measures to make sure it will never happen again." In the segment, which explored "What it is about Palin that drives America wild," the miniskirt image appeared when Ratigan said "She's hot." The bikini image, juxtaposed with one of former Vice President Cheney holding a rifle, comes as Ratigan said, "She's not Bush." The mistake comes on the heels of a Fox News incident that forced an apology from Sean Hannity. In that incident, Hannity used misleading photographs in a segment about Michele Bachmann's recent tea party on the Capitol steps, showing pictures from the better-attended 9/12 rally two months ago. Hannity didn't acknowledge that he was showing an entirely different event and, after he was called out by the Daily Show's Jon Stewart, he apologized on air.
Wonder if J'Stew called MSNBC out for their little "malfunction." http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/11/msnbc-host-apologizes-for-using-fake-palin-pics.php?ref=fpb Moral of my story? They are all cut from the same cloth.

Looks like you're a masochist. I don't watch any news except for Jim Lehrer. Why watch and then get all riled up? I used to feel the same way about MSNBC and Fox' date=' and just stopped watching.[/quote'] I don’t watch that much to be honest. Just the odd glimpse of it every now and then is enough to make my tempers flare. Most of my news comes from BBC.

The other end of the spectrum? MSNBC apologizes for falsifying Palin pictures. Amazing what these news networks will do to increase viewership. Wonder if J'Stew called MSNBC out for their little "malfunction." http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/11/msnbc-host-apologizes-for-using-fake-palin-pics.php?ref=fpb Moral of my story? They are all cut from the same cloth.
Yes, Jon Stewart DID.

On the topic of Fox and MSNBC, MSNBC hammered Fox by saying that it is not a News organization but a propaganda arm of the GoP, because it helped organize the tea-party protests. But MSNBC themselves have actively taken part in conducting these free health clinics all over the country. Now, even though holding free health clinics is a nobel gesture and must be appreciated, the timing of it, especially coming at a point when there's a raging debate on the healthcare with a public option, is extremely suspicious. The only difference between Fox and MSNBS is that Fox will stoop down to any levels of dis-ingenuity (lies, fabrications, crying anchors) to placate their audiences, while MSNBC will make it seem a little more classy. They're both, as CA said, two sides of the same coin.