Bond Shane Bond is back

Seems like he worked up some express pace in his spell against the Paks. So nice to have him back. It was a such a shame that he was forced to stay out of the international game because of commercial interests. Such a thing should never happen in cricket again.

Now NZ needs to get Tuffey back in the line up, O'Brien is just a waste of time. With the back of Bond and Tuffey NZ bowling isn't looking that terrible. I would even play Vettori as a batsman and accommodate Jeetan somehow. As for Bond, test cricket really missed him. Glad to see him back.

Shane Bond is one of the most talented fast bowlers in the world. Forget that joke M. Johnson' date=' Bond is the real deal. His ball to remove Alam in Pakistan's 1st inning was a proper fast bowler's dismissal. Something that is becoming increasingly rare these days.[/quote'] That you call Johnson a joke shows your tenuous understanding.
Johnson is not a joke. But he is bit inconsistent and still long way to go. Whereas Bond is seasoned pro. SR of 37 and Avg. of 22
Yaar, look at the amount of cricket Johnson is playing and succeeding in - his pace is always up there in the mid 140s regardless of the time of the day. He has been succeeding consistently for the past couple of years. I am not taking anything away from Bond, who is a fantastic bowler in his own right.
Yaar' date=' look at the amount of cricket Johnson is playing and succeeding in - his pace is always up there in the mid 140s regardless of the time of the day. He has been succeeding consistently for the past couple of years. I am not taking anything away from Bond, who is a fantastic bowler in his own right.[/quote'] That was a typo, I meant to call MJ a 'joker' and not a joke. Joker as in pretender to the throne. Anyway editing my post now would be dishonest but I'll qualify what I mean. Johnson is definitely inconsistent. Yes his pace is good but he very rarely swings the ball. When he does he is lethal we've found out only recently. He also seems to be amongst the luckiest bowlers in Cricket, I've lost count of the number of times he's angled a ridiculously wide delivery across a batsmen only to get a wicket out of it. Bad balls getting wickets = luck in my book.
That was a typo, I meant to call MJ a 'joker' and not a joke. Joker as in pretender to the throne. Anyway editing my post now would be dishonest but I'll qualify what I mean. Johnson is definitely inconsistent. Yes his pace is good but he very rarely swings the ball. When he does he is lethal we've found out only recently. He also seems to be amongst the luckiest bowlers in Cricket, I've lost count of the number of times he's angled a ridiculously wide delivery across a batsmen only to get a wicket out of it. Bad balls getting wickets = luck in my book.
Agree with that 110% MJ is damn lucky, can't wait for his luck to run out. Agree with prof that the guy is a trier, his pace rarely . But he is wayward and lucky to have so many wickets