Sehwag v Hayden

Lord

Sehwag has still got a good 5-6 years of cricket to play and by the time he is done he would end up with perhaps the most awesome record for an int'l opener ever. The three areas he needs to improve upon are: a) His record away from subcontinent ( in NZ, SA and Eng) b) His record in the 4th innings of a test match c) His ODI record Off late he has been improving on all these stats and will only keep getting better.

It's a tough one.. two of my favourite players though.. I guess in Hayden's favour is bulk of runs. He scored over 100 for 5 years straight and spent a decent length of his career averaging over 55. I don't like to admit it but I think Sehwag will probably end up with more runs and hundreds. It's a very close one, but if Sehwag was Australian I would probably lean towards him :)

I guess in Hayden's favour is bulk of runs. He scored over 100 for 5 years straight and spent a decent length of his career averaging over 55. I don't like to admit it but I think Sehwag will probably end up with more runs and hundreds. It's a very close one' date=' but if Sehwag was Australian I would probably lean towards him :)[/quote'] Sehwag 71 Tests: 123 innings, 6248 runs at 52.50, 17 hundreds Hayden after 71 Tests: 125 innings, 5901 runs at 51.31, 20 hundreds
Sehwag 71 Tests: 123 innings, 6248 runs at 52.50, 17 hundreds Hayden after 71 Tests: 125 innings, 5901 runs at 51.31, 20 hundreds
It doesn't really matter, does it? Hayden was a great batsman. He proved that when he played in India too. I think this thread is pointless.

Another comparison!! How many times we have to tell. There is only one sehwag. There will be only one. I don't think even India can produce another sehwag. He is one of a kind. "My mind was blank" - When Shastri asked his cliched question "What went through your mind. He is such an innocent legend !!! (One day Sehwag should say.. "I was thinking about aloo paratha when i went to the crease" just to piss off Ravi)

Another comparison!! How many times we have to tell. There is only one sehwag. There will be only one. I don't think even India can produce another sehwag. He is one of a kind. "My mind was blank" - When Shastri asked his cliched question "What went through your mind. He is such an innocent legend !!! (One day Sehwag should say.. "I was thinking about aloo paratha when i went to the crease" just to piss off Ravi)
:haha::haha: