Mark Benson insists: I've not quit and have no problem with video replays

Sachinism

Mark Benson insists: I've not quit and have no problem with video replays article-0-0777916D000005DC-834_87x84.jpg English umpire Mark Benson today revealed he has not quit his job and will be undergoing medical tests because of ill health. Benson, 51, left the second Test between Australia and West Indies in Adelaide.b7sPKDvgijkMore...

I suppose you have forgiven Daryl Hair?
Well what Daryl Hair did was completely different, he accused a team of ball tampering without any evidence, that is the official ICC stand on the matter. Daryl Hair and Billy Doctrove did make several mistakes that series in terms of edges and LBWs which hurt Pakistan, but it's part of the game. When England toured Pakistan the winter before England suffered, so you could say it evened out. Modern day umpires give 95% decisions correctly, there are very few absolute shockers these days. There are 2 main reasons why I believe the referral system needs to be dropped. 1 - Time waste. 2 - Cricketers will lose respect for the authtority that an umpire should have. We've seen it already in the series' have the system in place. Also the point about Indian umpires being on the elite panel, I think it's correct to only have umpires who are good and fair on the elite panel, we shouldn't just be making up the numbers to make different boards and sets of fans happy.