Is criticism against Hussey warranted?

When a team is declining (or has declined) changes will be made. Hussey has been poor over the last year or so, and even against WI he has been quite lucky to get his runs. That said North is surely not the answer. If they have a few other replacements, maybe Australia should try them out. In which case it makes sense that Hussey should open. Only when a guy is in form can he claim a middle order spot.

Acording to me hussey is incrediblyyyy good... he is just out of form... these kind of period comes in every batsmen career... Just to imagine how good he is, as a pakistani i will feel more confortable with ponting, clarke at the crease than hussey... When i am supporting australia and hussey is at the crease i really didn't feel any pressure... He often looks sooooo confortable while batting, his running betwen the wickets and all this : Hussey is Great...

Acording to me hussey is incrediblyyyy good... he is just out of form... these kind of period comes in every batsmen career... Just to imagine how good he is, as a pakistani i will feel more confortable with ponting, clarke at the crease than hussey... When i am supporting australia and hussey is at the crease i really didn't feel any pressure... He often looks sooooo confortable while batting, his running betwen the wickets and all this : Hussey is Great...
I am in complete agreement. The forum is very biased towards Hussey and Ponting (even I am!). In case of Hussey, he is undoubtedly a very talented batsman who has performed consistently throughout his career (domestic and international). There are definite slumps in everyone's careers - lets not forget our Viru. A lot of people demanded his head when he was out of form and are now singing his praises. Although his case is similar to that of Dravid's (age-wise), I still believe that there still does not exist a replacement for Micheal Hussey in the Australian team. Shane Watson does not possess the proper technique to open innings and is injury prone, actually, I would go as far to say that he would not have been in the Australian team had it nor been Symond episode. Jr. Hussey is not a test material, neither are players like Callum Ferguson, etc. So, people should get off his back and let him get back to form!

They should look at giving Phil Hughes another go and push Watson down the order. He looks quite a handy all rounder and its very unfair to ask him to open the innings. If Watto can do a job at the top of the order, I don't see any reason why he can't do in the middle. So, I did say replace Hussey with Hughes.