Sangakkara replaces Yuvraj as Kings XI captain

Desi Cartman

In a way it's good for Kings XI. Though yuvi did OK as a captain, somehow he doesn't seem to perform as consistent as he should have been for his team with the bat. He performs much better when he's playing for India. So in IPL-3, with no added responsibilities, he can be a nightmare for bowlers. Apart from Gilly, no one can match his brutal hitting. Btw, jaya would have been much better option than sanga

i will stiil support Kings Xi Punjab as long as Yuvi is in the team. Without Yuvi it wont be "Punjab" anymore.Actually, its good that he is not captain.He puts too much pressure on himself.But, definitely i wud have prefered mahela instead of this monkey-face idiot.

i will stiil support Kings Xi Punjab as long as Yuvi is in the team. Without Yuvi it wont be "Punjab" anymore.Actually' date=' its good that he is not captain.He puts too much pressure on himself.But, definitely i wud have prefered mahela instead of this monkey-face idiot.[/quote'] now anyways captains dont get extra moolah like in the previous editions .. so UV wont mind being just a player now :nea:

Its official :phehehe:

The Sri Lankan captain Kumar Sangakkara has replaced Yuvraj Singh as the captain of Kings XI Punjab for this year's IPL. Speculation was rife over the past few weeks in India that Sangakkara was the man to take over the captaincy and Anil Srivatsa, the franchise's chief executive officer, confirmed the news today. "Kumar Sangakkara is the new captain of Kings XI Punjab. We are hoping for good things to come out of it," he told reporters in New Delhi. Under Yuvraj's captaincy in the inaugural IPL in 2008, Punjab had qualified for semi-finals. But in the second edition, held in South Africa last year, they failed to make it to the last four. Yuvraj was Punjab's highest run scorer in 2009 with 340 at 28.33, with two half-centuries, but that was not enough to lift their fortunes. Srivatsa said the move would not take away from Yuvraj's importance as a star player, and that on the contrary the management hoped it would bring forth more runs from the allrounder. "Being taken off the leadership role does not diminish Yuvraj's standing in the team. Yuvraj's inputs are vital for us," he said. "He has done well for the team in the past two seasons and he has one more year with us. He did his job well enough. This has got nothing to do with all this." Sangakkara said he had spoken to Yuvraj immediately after being told about the change of leadership. "I have enjoyed playing under Yuvraj, he is a very able captain. When everything was not concrete, I spoke to him and after that I decided that it was the right time to take up [the] captaincy. "I don't think it would cause any problem. He is a very good friend. I had a long chat with him on this, everything was done very transparently. Moreover, Yuvraj is the most important player in our side. Any IPL team will be lucky to have him. He can change a match just like that. He is a matchwinner." Sangakkara was second to Yuvraj in South Africa with 332 runs at 30.18, with two half-centuries.
http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/story/444267.html

shut up' date='dude,atleast we had our own national star to lead us.not like CSK who have got a Jharkhandi to lead them.they dont have faith in thier Balaji's n Badris:hehe:[/quote'] ROFL, such is the faith that captaincy is offshored to Sri Lanka We have the Indian captain to lead our team, not some whiner :hysterical:

ROFL' date=' such is the faith that captaincy is offshored to Sri Lanka[/quote'] read this
Srivatsa said the move would not take away from Yuvraj's importance as a star player, and that on the contrary the management hoped it would bring forth more runs from the allrounder. "Being taken off the leadership role does not diminish Yuvraj's standing in the team. Yuvraj's inputs are vital for us," he said. "He has done well for the team in the past two seasons and he has one more year with us. He did his job well enough. This has got nothing to do with all this."
We have the Indian captain to lead our team, not some whiner :hysterical:
whiner?he doessome funny things like over appealing n acting up,but i dont think hes a whiner n hes a class player.MoS in recent tri series

My favourite player is Yuvraj but I think this may turn into a good thing for the side and Yuvraj, he won't have the pressure of captaining and this way he can concentrate on his own game. The best players don't always make the best captains, because the added responsibility can negate and hinder their game - this way Yuvraj can focus on his role of helping the team succeed as he is our best matchwinner. I do have a lot of respect for Sangakkara, humble words from him there as well - even he acknowledges that Yuvraj is the most important player.