World test team of the decade

1 Sehwag 2 Hayden 3 Ponting 4 Tendulkar 5 Dravid 6 Kallis 7 Gilchrist 8 Warne 9 Mcgrath 10 Allan Donald 11 Wasim Akram
1 Sehwag 2 Hayden 3 Dravid 4 Tendulkar/Ponting 5 Lara 6 Kallis 7 Gilchrist 8 Warne 9 Mcgrath 10 Ambrose 11 Murali
Allan Donald? Wasim Akram? Ambrose? How many matches Wasin played in this decade? He retired in Jan 2001, didn't he?
1 Sehwag 2 Hayden 3 Dravid 4 Tendulkar 5 Ponting 6 Kallis 7 Gilchrist 8 Warne 9 Mcgrath 10 Akthar 11 Murali Akthar is in. Want sheer pace.:cantstop: Other pace contenders Ntini, Pollock
I would take Pollock any day over Chukhtar... But other than that I would have the same team.
HAHAHAHAHAHA n yousuf in it........ guys u r funny....
no... u r the funny one...:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: With Ponting at 3 and SRT at 4... no place for YoYo... and who knows he might do his name sake and start playing for the opposition team and then switch back to the original team... you know there will be a lot of confusion... ultimately he won't remember which team is he supposed to play...:hysterical::hysterical:

Openers: There is no confusion - It must be Sehwag and Hayden. Though Langer gives tough competition. Middle order slection is toughest: so many classy middle order batsmen in this decade. Dravid,kallis,ponting,SRT, sanga, mahila, yousuf , Lara, Laxman- tough to select only 4. ponting is highest run getter in this decade, so he is in. Kallis with his all round abilities should be in . Dravid has been exceptional performer for India for long time in this decade and he is second highest run getter of this decade., so he must be in. For the fourth position, tough to pick one I'll have to look up stats. Runs against non-minnows in this decade. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=140;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=runs;spanmin1=1+jan+2000;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting Mahila is better than Sanga in terms of avg and runs , but Sanga was very consistent whereas Mahila,SRT and yousuf went though some bad patches so they were not as consistent as Sanga. Also picking Sanga as keeper would allow me to pick one more all rounder. So Sanga is 4th middle order batsman and Wicket keeper. Now bowling allrounder position: Pollock and Freddie are contenders. Though Freddie is exceptional when is fit, he is injury prone,pollock is more reliable , Though pollock is more reliable and has taken more wickets than Freddie, Freddie is match winner on his day. Moreover we've Mcgrath who is a line and length bowler, so Freddie, a hit the deck bolwer, is better than pollock who is similar to Mcgrath. Two pacers: Mcgrath is in. He was a class apart. Many contender for another pace position: Lee, Akhtar, steyn, ntini , bond, Zalk etc. I'd like to have a tearaway fast bowler for this position , so Lee would be my choice. He was a good bowler during Mcgrath era and He spearheaded Australian attack after McGrath retirement. He has highest no of wickets in this decade after mcgrath against non-minnows. Steyn is good, but he is relatively new , bond and Akhtar have been inconsistent due to non-cricketing issues. so my choice would be Lee. Two spinners : no hesitation to pick Warne and Murali. So Here it goes: Viru Hayden Dravid Ponting Kallis Sangakkara Freddie Lee Mcgrath Warne Murali

I would go with the following - Sehwag (if you're reading this for justification, your favourite cricketer has to be Afretard) Smith* (I rate him higher than Hayden and he's also the captain of my side) Ponting (the best number 3 of his era) Lara (a dying candle who flickered like a Sydney fireworks display) Dravid (this has been his decade) Kallis (the guy with 32 tons and nearly 300 wickets has got to be there) Gilchrist+ (if you're reading this for justification, your favourite cricketer has to be Afretard) Flintoff (the English talisman with bludgeoning batting and hard onto the bat bowling makes it) Warne (if you're reading this for justification, your favourite cricketer has to be Afretard) McGrath (if you're reading this for justification, your favourite cricketer has to be Afretard) Steyn (I wanted an out and out quick and chose him over Actor because he does bowl more than 5 overs a game. He's also got the best SR out of all fast bowlers this decade) :omg: :omg: It's official. My side will mutilate any side posted so far in this thread. I've got the greatest pacer and spinner of all time in my lineup. I've got a quickie who breaks helmets and noses for fun. My opening lineup has a double barrel cannon at one end and a superman leader of men at the other who plays through the pain barrier when needed. Number 3 is an effing mongrel who will bite you if that's what it takes to win the game. Number 4 will grind you down. Number 5 will stun and awe you. Number 6 will bore you and you will lose. Number 7 will slice and dice you and then chop you in little pieces. Number 8 will KILL you with both bat and ball. Number 9 will have you twirling around like a ballerina. Number 10 will *break* you. Number 11 is the Terminator and will ensure it's 5-0.