India Down Under 99-00

I did not follow this series live or even highlights back then, but recently been watching and reading up about this series. Looks like the Aussies made mince meat of us. Except for Tendulkar and the odd hundred by Laxman was there anything worthwhile for India? Although highlights do not show the real picture most of the time, but a lot of the Indian dismissals show poor technique and at sea with the Aussie bowling. Also they scored a lot of runs and the defeats were heavy. I would like to hear comments from others who followed the series on TV.

I did not follow this series live or even highlights back then, but recently been watching and reading up about this series. Looks like the Aussies made mince meat of us. Except for Tendulkar and the odd hundred by Laxman was there anything worthwhile for India. Although highlights do not show the real picture most of the time, but a lot of the Indian dismissals show poor technique and at sea with the Aussie bowling. Also they scored a lot of runs and the defeats were heavy. I would like to hear comments from others who followed the series on TV.
this was the typical indian perfromance away from home until ganguly as captain came into the picture infact india's tour of 1992 with kapil dev/shastri/azhar also ended under a 3-0 or 4-0 whitewash

Does anybody remember Ganguly's innings versus the Australian, the one where he was run out, to a very contentious decision btw, after he reached his century ? The crowd got rowdy, threw bottles on the pitch and the match help up for some 20 ~ 30 minutes. India went on to lose that match, as usual, in that series. Oh, how could I miss Tendulkar ducking into a LBW (McGraths) at the Adelaide Oval ?

untitled_8.jpg

[ame=

Sachin LBW controversy[/ame]
Also I see that SRT was man of the series. While he certainly played well' date=' but there were some Aussies with more runs and better average than him, albeit against a quality of the attack not as good as what SRT faced. Just curious if that was the reason for giving him the award.[/quote'] Nope. Pretty much a pity award for being screwed by the umpires all series long

I vividly remember, first test match we were going well, Sachin and Ganguly had a nice partnership going and against run of play, Shane Warne gets Ganguly, very poor decision by umpire then. and that turned around the series. Also one more thing to note. Sydney traditionally spin friendly wicket was made bouncy for Indians.

Kanitkar' date=' Bharadwaj, Gandhi ? :WTF:[/quote'] THAT says it all. Any team carrying those jokers will never win a test match. Think a past it Venky Prasad was there too as was MSK. Those were very unhappy days for Indian cricket, we had lost to Saffies at home earlier- the first home series loss in 20 something years, the match fixing scandal. Laxman made a magic 167 opening the innigs in the last test (i think) Dravid was bit of a let down