Dont turn Raina into Kaif

spectre

Why is Raina constantly kept at No.6. Here is a guy who has been playing damn well in ODIs of all the young players, plus he is a tremendous striker I can understand when you have senior pros at Top 5, but with Virat Kohli and KKDK coming before this guy, dont think its fair on Raina to be kept deep down the lineup He is no mug with playing spinners either and an excellent runner between wickets Comment!

I think he's going to be our trump card in 2011 WC only if he isn't mistreated now. He has incredible potential to hit balls like crazy. Definitely agree with him being moved a spot or two up the order.
but whom to play at no.6 .. people want Sachin, Veeru and Gauti at the start.. Dhoni, UV after that.. when Kohli plays many people want him also at no.3 or 4 .. so who will sacrifice the initial positions for him.. many ICFians will never be satisfied with anything at all .. whom would you all suggest to bat at no.6 :hysterical:

I believe that Raina is the go to guy for big hitting for Dhoni. In IPL, Raina would come in if a wicket fell within the 1st 6 overs to maintain a high RR and that is what his role is in this Indian team too. But since out top order consists of Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni, he is hardly required to play that role except in Powerplay # 3. Him coming in at #6 is ok when we are playing our full squad but when we have Kholi or Kartik before him, it speaks more about Kholi and Karthik's inability to hit big than Rains ability at #4 or #5.

but whom to play at no.6 .. people want Sachin' date=' Veeru and Gauti at the start.. Dhoni, UV after that.. when Kohli plays many people want him also at no.3 or 4 .. so who will sacrifice the initial positions for him.. many ICFians will never be satisfied with anything at all .. whom would you all suggest to bat at no.6 :hysterical:[/quote'] wish we had these problems with pace bowlers too.

Ideally I would want him at #4..since both MSD and Yuvi are out. But its tough to see that happening because if he comes in that early..then there won't be a reliable big hitter after he comes in. As someone said..it speaks about the inability of the rest of newcomers to score reliably at #6 than about Raina's ability to bat higher up. That said I would like to disagree that he is a flat track bully..you can't say that when he hasn't had the chance to play on raging seamers or testing conditions. The closest he came to it was in NZ. Did very well over there. Either way its too early to take such calls..speaks of the poster's lack of knowledge. But we know for a fact he is the most consistent among all the newcomers(think he has the best average). I don't think anyone else has come as close to cementing a place as he has.