Kotla ka Ghosla : The pitch-farce

Cricketics

hehe Gra and tics being exposed here. But seriously guys this is the worst pitch i have seen in some time. Poor Sanath after getting hit so many times the match has been called off' date=' he will be mighty frustrated now![/quote'] Nah yaar. Do you remember the Headingley pitch in 2002 when Dravid and Bangar were getting hit every couple of deliveries? That was a test match! And we didn't walk away. The pitch may not be a flat patta but it isn't as bad as they're making it seem. The comparison with the England vs. WI game at the Viv Richards stadium is ridiculous. Anyone who's watched that game will tell you that the match was abandoned because it was SANDY, the bowlers were not even able to land properly. This pitch has uneven bounce because of uneven spread of grass and a few cracks. Bah. I'm still kinda pissed off.
to mess up the only international game you will host this year is an art, Hats of DDCA. unrelated but still a city which cant hold a 50 over game properly is going to host CWGames
NONE of the Indian metro city can deliver on suchpromises because they are being led/controlled by some feckers who would just think green ($) when it comes to such high profile events.
Jaya, Dilshan and the prospect of others being hurt, it was never about wickets I thought this was common sense
The pitch had uneven bounce thats all! the batsmen were suffering and thus, the match was called off..yeah I understand :winky: But I saw Sanga's unhappy face...is it because if the pitch? or is it because they are 83 for 5?

^^ yes dude i do remember the Headingley match, but that match had that variable bounce when there was moisture in it early on for the first 1 and a half hours or so. I know Bangar and RSD got hit on their knuckles early on but here the ball just continues to climb off the good length very consistently and that too like after 2 hours into the match when the moisture has all been dried off. So thats why players believed that it would not be a good pitch to bat on with the smattering of grass here and there. Sudeep Tyagi seriously seemed unplayable when he pitched the ball in the right length because of the steep bounce that he was getting. So i feel that they have taken the right decision. Again as i said the test match against headingley batter were feeling really good and confident once the sun started coming out and during the 2nd session onwards. So i believe the grass in this pitch has a lot to offer for the faster bowlers and that will be the same throughout the match

:WTF: Stop whining dumbarse. The pitch is a substandard one and the match is rightly called off.
stfu ....players have become sissies nowadays.... batsmen used to face bowlers like ambrose with no guard..... Sanga saw this an opportunity to get the match called off since they were losing so bad