Hats off to the Review System

kabira

If Review System was not in place, England would have lost today's game by tea. If collingwood had gone early, that meant lower order exposed early and much before new ball was due. Saffers would have wrapped up the game by tea. But thanks heaven review system was there adn Collingwood without any hesitation called for it and rightly he was given not out. Long Live Review System

It has been as successful as any introduction of a new aspect to a game can be. The best thing about it is the "umpire's call" part of it, which gives priority to an on field judgment in case of a doubt. There are still improvements that can be made like making similar technology available in all matches and perhaps reducing the number of incorrect challenges from 2 to 1 per innings, but those are all minor bumps. Overall, it has been a success and I still don't see 2 day test matches that people were anticipating.

It has been as successful as any introduction of a new aspect to a game can be. The best thing about it is the "umpire's call" part of it' date=' which gives priority to an on field judgment in case of a doubt. There are still improvements that can be made like making similar technology available in all matches and perhaps reducing the number of incorrect challenges from 2 to 1 per innings, but those are all minor bumps. Overall, it has been a success and I still don't see 2 day test matches that people were anticipating.[/quote'] I dont think 2 is too many. thats perfect number as of now. I also see ppl walk more now.