Test team : Will Dhoni consider Murali Vijay in the 11 for Test series vs BD?

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind2010/content/current/story/442544.html Sudeep Tyagi included in Test squad Cricinfo staff January 5, 2010 Sudeep Tyagi, the Uttar Pradesh fast bowler, has been included in the squad for the two-Test series in Bangladesh. Tyagi, who made his Twenty20 and ODI debuts against Sri Lanka in December, is one of four fast bowlers in the 16-man squad, which had no major changes from the team that beat Sri Lanka 2-0 recently. Dinesh Karthik made the cut as a reserve wicketkeeper, while Tamil Nadu batsman M Vijay was drafted in as a reserve opener. The list also included three spinners in Harbhajan Singh, Pragyan Ojha and Amit Mishra . Sachin Tendulkar, who was rested from the ongoing tri-nation tournament in Bangladesh, will return to action for the two matches to be held in Chittagong (from January 17-21) and Mirpur (January 24-28). Tamil Nadu middle-order batsman S Badrinath, who featured in the Test squad against Sri Lanka, was omitted for the tour. Squad: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag (vice-capt), Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Amit Mishra, Pragyan Ojha, Ishant Sharma, Murali Vijay, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Sudeep Tyagi.
Good on selectors to keep Ishant in squad. Although he has been quite poor in ODIs' date=' but he is definitely our future fast bowling leader...Keep the faith !!![/quote'] Or how about letting him go back to domestic cricket for a few months, maybe a year to work on a few things to help him develop in to the bowler we want. By continually sticking with him when he is in such bad form, we could destroy him

Good squad, but i think we should give chances to Young Virat kohli in tests too, he looks a decent player and should be nurtured and given these sort of chances, so that we get somebody in for Terrific 3 when they retire.I would have also loved to see Nehra instead of Ishant as Nehra has been doing consistently well in LOIs, why not give him a chance against Bangles in tests too.What do you say ICFers

Test team : Will Dhoni consider Murali Vijay in the 11 for Test series vs BD? Most likely Dhoni only sticks to the same team and won't make changes. But I'm hoping if team mgmt gives one chance to M. Vijay in either the first or second test. 1. Sehwag 2. GG 3. RD 4. SRT 5. VVS 6. M. Vijay (instead of Yuvraj given current "fat shape" and form) 7. MSD 8. Bhajji 9. ZK 10. Sreesanth (I think sreesanth will get ahead of Ishant Sharma for Test-1) 11. Amit Mishra (play him instead of Ojha for Test 1 atleast)

It should have been Vijay Gambhir© Dravid Badrinath Laxman Yuvraj Dinesh K Sree Santh Ishant Mihsra Ojha and 2nd test drop GG for Viru. SRT, MSD Zak etc will gain nothing from this series, if anythign Sahcin should have played the ODI tourno and helped us win then rested for the tests. I agree though would be good to see MV get another go.

Most likely Dhoni only sticks to the same team and won't make changes. But I'm hoping if team mgmt gives one chance to M. Vijay in either the first or second test. 1. Sehwag 2. GG 3. RD 4. SRT 5. VVS 6. M. Vijay (instead of Yuvraj given current "fat shape" and form) 7. MSD 8. Bhajji 9. ZK 10. Sreesanth (I think sreesanth will get ahead of Ishant Sharma for Test-1) 11. Amit Mishra (play him instead of Ojha for Test 1 atleast)
Good team

Quoting Sooda's post from another thread. This is what makes Yuvraj Singh very dodgy batsman in Test matches. Murali Vijay seems to have a reasonable technique against good fast bowling and also good footwork against spinners as seen in the outings. But Dhoni never likes to make changes to playing 11

Yuvraj Singh edged early to his demise - he has always been an iffy batsman against the moving ball and quality spin (i.e he's a bit of a tubby ftb). It's an indictment on Indian cricket that his name used to be relentlessly pushed forward as a Test replacement for VVS Laxman. Through this tournament, you could see that Yuvraj's old habits were rearing their head again. Today, Welegedera got one to land outside off and veer further away and Yuvraj stabbed it behind. It shouldn't have surprised anyone who has closely followed his career.