Duleep Trophy 2009-10

Cricketics

Here's a small tidbit from today's play; Both the Pathan bros. were having lots of 'goes' at Ravi Jadeja. First, when South was batting, Jadeja dropped Karthik at slips off Irfan. You should have seen Irfan give him a mouthful for that. Next, when Jadeja briefly shared a p'ship with Yusuf in the 2nd innings, there was an instance when he hit the ball hard and straight to the mid-on fielder and simply took off. Yusuf was at the non-striker's end and didnt move an inch and gave a loud call of 'Nooooo' and Jadeja made his ground just in time. if looks could kill, Jadeja would have dropped dead for the stare he got from Yusuf for that. I wonder if the bros. are little bitter at Jadeja, what with him being in team and they not. :hmmm:

I wonder if the bros. are little bitter at Jadeja, what with him being in team and they not. :hmmm:
You cannot possibly rule that out as Yusuf Pathan's place is what Jadeja is holding now. Yusuf has only himself to blame. His one-dimensional cricket is never going to get him anywhere. He has to develop some technique much like his step brother. Yusuf is also a terrible fielder unlike Jadeja who is a very good fielder. Only way Yusuf can ge tinto the side is as a bowler. But his economy rate is over 6 i think.

Lets not read too much into those instances. Jadeja has had a horrible match, batted poorly, bowled rubbish and fielded poorly throughout the match dropping sitters , fumbling too many times and missing easy run out chances. In fact , in the 2nd innings when DK was on 0 he was dropped by Jadeja, SZ had a lead of 210 runs at that time and would have been 5 down. In the first innings too he dropped a sitter off Irfan. For someone trying to make a comeback to Indian team, it was natural for Irfan to feel a little frustrated.

Only way Yusuf can ge tinto the side is as a bowler
Huh? Yusuf's bowling is absolutely MEDIOCRE. At least when Jadeja is playing, you're almost guaranteed 6-7 overs, but Yusuf's bowling was frankly useless. in fact, I cannot remember him getting a single worthwhile wicket of a regular top-order batsmen during all the times he has bowled for India in ODIs. He was picked for his power-hitting. It all looked good to begin with, but things started going downhill since the NZ tour.