Pakistan Cricket

king2be98

Afridi fumes at lack of unity in Pak team Karachi: Flamboyant Pakistan all-rounder and vice-captain Shahid Afridi has opened up a new front with captain Mohammad Yousuf and other members accusing them of not playing as a unit in the ongoing one-day series in Australia. "The thing is that we are losing because the players are not playing with unity," Afridi said on Geo Television on Tuesday after Pakistan suffered a 40-run defeat in the third one-dayer against Australia in Adelaide. Afridi said everyone was playing to make a name for himself and not for the national team. "I am really sad and disappointed at the performance of team," Afridi said. Afridi, who made it clear that those players who were not performing well should be rested or dropped so that the new players could be given a chance to play, also took an indirect dig at his captain when asked about the team's performance. "I believe that a good captain is one who can control his players and extract the best performances out of them," Afridi said. Afridi, who scored a hard hitting 40 in Tuesday's defeat, is being tipped to replace Yousuf at the helm of the ODI squad when the team returns from Australia. Ironically even Yousuf has said that it is time Pakistan Cricket Board drop such players from the team who play for themselves and not for the team. http://cricketnext.in.com/news/afridi-fumes-at-lack-of-unity-in-pak-team/46617-13.html?from=tn

Pakistan's last decent captain was Inzi... just that he didn't have the aura to make it a successful stint. Inzi then gave the openers and other players as well a lot of chances. Salman Butt, Sami, Yaseer Hamid, Imran Farat, Rana were all tried for a reasonable period of time. Just that they were inconsistent. The amount of rebuilding that has gone on with Pakistan team is surprising. They started to rebuild the team after 2000 and are still rebuilding it. Shame is that they have been recycling the same players all the time. Only younger Akmal is a new entrant otherwise it's the same old blokes that are being tried eternally.

Fans demand Pakistan chief's sacking :yay: AFP Furious Pakistani cricket fans on Friday staged a protest and burnt bats and stumps after the team's defeats in the Test and one-day series in Australia, demanding the removal of the cricket chief. Around 250 young cricketers from various academies in Karachi chanted slogans against the team and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) during the hour-long protest under the banner of the "Save Pakistan cricket campaign." The protesters chanted "Go, Butt, Go!", "President Zardari, save Pakistan cricket", and "Goodbye Pakistan cricket" as they burnt dozens of cricket bats, stumps and an effigy of PCB chairman Ijaz Butt. Pakistan's national team were blanked 3-0 in the Test series and trail a five-match one-day series 4-0 on their dismal tour of Australia. Amir Akram, chairman of the recently-formed campaign, said President Asif Ali Zardari must remove Butt, blaming him for destroying the game. "Cricket is our love and the recent defeats have disheartened millions of fans across the country, so we demand President Asif Zardari to remove Butt, who is too old to run the board," Akram said of the 71-year-old PCB chairman. Zardari is the patron of the PCB and appointed Butt in October 2008. Butt has also come under pressure from the National Assembly's standing committee on sports, which has been demanding his removal since last year. http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/fans-demand-pakistan-chiefs-sacking-20100129-n4bn.html

Effigy making business must be big in Pakistan, the multi-nationals should look at setting up effigy making business. Effigy such as longest burning, ones with the most smoke and the likes should sell well. They could even go buy one get one free. Buy the captain effigy and the coach one free.

Effigy making business must be big in Pakistan' date=' the multi-nationals should look at setting up effigy making business. Effigy such as longest burning, ones with the most smoke and the likes should sell well. They could even go buy one get one free. Buy the captain effigy and the coach one free.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Surely Pakistan can't be this bad I reckon Salman Butt can definitely bat. Younis Khan and Yousuf are two excellent batters. Although you wouldn't consider them among the top bats they still can be classified in the second best list. Umer Akmal, Fawad Alam and Kamran Akmal aren't bad batsmen either. They are at least good enough to score 20s or more consistently. Throw in Afridi (although the mindless slogger hardly makes an impact through out the series) you have team that can definitely bat. I feel Bangladesh would have batted better than what Pakistan has done in Australia. Here is the classical example of a team that has decent batting potential that never fires. I guess Pakistan is certainly a terrific challenge for a cricket coach. How the heck can a coach get this side to fire with the bat? Honestly Aussie bowling has been made to look far too good. Sure the Aussie bowlers at home are good but they are certainly not as good as the Pak-Aus series has shown. Majority of the bowlers are newbies and are bowling against an experienced Pakistan batting line up. Pakistan isn't missing a single player from their line up due to injury or any other reason. This is a full side Pakistan could have afforded to play. My guess is that Pakistan will sack the captain, coach, drop a few players and recycle players like Yaseer Hameed, Imran Nazir and the likes. This is the worst Pakistani side I have seen for a very long time, not short in terms of cricketing ability but just lack of focus, application and direction. I cannot understand how all of them failed game after game consistently. I feel Australia bowling will be put through fair bit of test by West Indies.